Maintain and manage irrigation system, observe irrigation performance by observation of turf and plant material conditions, and implement corrective action for over-watering or lack of watering and report problems to grounds supervisor.
- Maintain assigned irrigation area
- Repair pipe breaks (PVC and Poly)
- Troubleshoot malfunctioning sprinkler heads
- Identify and repair electrical problems
- Maintain, Identify and correct Irrigation Clock problems
- Spot-water dry areas
- Document daily activities; maintain accurate repair records
- Conduct continual visual inspections of areas
- Familiarize irrigation systems through irrigation plans and as-builts
- Assist with irrigation projects
- Assist in irrigation system start up and winterizing
- Assist with snow removal and daily grounds maintenance
- Rake and bag leaves
- Apply preventative maintenance programs for maximum irrigation efficiency
- Maintain clean and organized workstations in the irrigation parts room and assigned equipment
- Recognize safety hazards and act accordingly
- Knowledge of basic electrical and hydraulics related to the system including valves, controllers and pumps.
- Ability to operate light motorized equipment.
- Knowledge of tools, methods and materials used in grounds maintenance work.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Valid California Driver’s License
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. up to shoulder height.
- Must be able to withstand working in extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to work on feet for at least 8 hours per day.
Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); at least 6 months of relevant experience and basic knowledge of irrigation parts.
Furnace Creek Resort provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Furnace Creek Resort complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.