United Healthcare provides network-based health and well-being benefits and services for employers and consumers nationwide. We use our strength, diversity and innovation to improve the lives of the more than 25 million people who receive our unique blend of packages and programs. And our endless pursuit for excellence in everything we do extends to your career as well. Join us today for an inspired and purposeful mix of professional growth opportunities and personal rewards.
This position will provide support to the Small Group business segment by coordinating rate table maintenance and/or renewal processes and testing procedures, leading project management, resolving complex rating issues, and monitoring the integrity of key procedures.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide pricing/technical support for new business and/or renewal pricing to users in both the home office and the field
- Coordinate the maintenance and accuracy of Rating Tables and/or Renewal processes and testing
- Work closely with Systems, Products, Actuarial, Underwriting, Sales, and other areas to implement Rating changes and/or Renewal process changes
- Identify and lead process improvement
- Coordinate and maintain thorough documentation of procedures and Rating and/or Renewal changes
- Lead and support special projects that affect the New Business and/or Renewal function
- Identify and resolve system processing issues
- Develop tools to provide training and guidance to Rating Analysts
- Manage various Rating databases/files
- Responsibilities may also include writing business specifications for programming enhancements, contributing to developing test plans, and testing programming changes
- Ensure successful completion of each scheduled rating version and/or renewal production cycle
- Consistently complete deliverables on time and with high level of accuracy
Are you ready to set the pace as an expert problem solver? You will be challenged with ensuring data makes sense and knowing when to dig deeper. You will also be tasked with communicating the results of your work in a meaningful way to broad audiences, including our valuable clients.
- Bachelor's Degree with concentration in math/science, finance/business, and/or computer science.
- 5+ years professional related work experience
- Solid understanding of Rating, Underwriting, Actuarial Sciences and/or pricing within the healthcare industry
- Solid knowledge of TSO, DB2 tables and Excel
- Ability to analyze business needs & translate into systems specifications
- Ability to lead in a team environment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: managed care, health care, rating tables, renewal pricing, pricing, rate table maintenance, Hartford, telecommute, rate testing, TSO, DB2, Excel, Hartford, CT, Telecommute