BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Develop and maintain a “pipeline” of new locations for both Fuel Stations and Clubs in accordance with BJ’s growth strategy and Real Estate Department requirements in assigned areas. Responsibilities begin with the identifying of locations and continue through deal negotiations, internal Financial Analysis, presentation to REEC, due diligence and discovery, site plan creation, completion of entitlements, lease negotiations and team work with other PD areas through construction and project completion
- Manage, coordinate and work creatively with Developers, Engineers, Brokers, Outside Counsel and local approval boards and committees
- Create overall plan to execute BJ’s Expansion Strategy for assigned areas
- Intimate knowledge of BJ’s existing Markets and ability to learn new Markets
- Establish strong relationships with other retailers, LL’s and Brokers to stay current on market dynamics
- Manage internal cross functional teams to bring projects to fruition
- Develop REEC and present approval packages
- Negotiate LOI’s and Lease business terms
- Schedule, coordinate consultants and materials to present at public meetings and hearings. Represent BJ’s at these meetings and hearings
- BS or BA in related fields or
- 10 years commensurate experience
- Energetic, organized, self-motivated and pro-active person with ability to work independently and collaboratively. Flexibility and willingness to do a variety of tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Provide guidance, motivation, and development of external professional consultant talent.
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Ability to perform a variety of duties and responsibilities with consistent accuracy, attention to detail, and prioritization of time-sensitive deadlines. Must take initiative, analyze assignments, identify sub-tasks, prioritize, develop constructive solutions and recommendations, and keep various assignments moving simultaneously.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.