At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
About Our Team: As the largest mortgage originator and servicer in the country, understanding the value of real estate is critical. Real Estate Valuation Services (REVS) serves as an independent risk management function within Corporate Credit that:
• Interprets appraisal regulation and sets Corporate Valuation Policy
• Communicates with regulators on pending and proposed regulations
• Assumes responsibility for ensuring that compliant valuation processes and practices are in place for all valuations across Wells Fargo
• Leads the industry in real estate valuation processes and execution
The Real Estate Valuation Services Support Consultant 2 role is part of the REVS Operations and Technology group.
Key responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
• Act as a liaison between the client area and technical organization by planning, conducting and completing analysis of complex business problems to be solved with automated solutions
• Act as a change champion improving process and procedures introducing cost effectiveness, procedure efficiencies and compliance
• Work with business sponsors to resolve questions, assess users’ needs and recommend changes to the process and automated systems
• Manage impact analysis and think globally about downstream effects and consequences of proposed changes
• Creation of problem statements, user stories, acceptance criteria, test plans/scripts, and other various project/work effort documentation
• Ensure consistent communication of production issues and system enhancements
• Implement AGILE methodology ensuring rapid delivery of automated solutions in coordination with a 3rd Party service provider and Wells Fargo Technology
• Support SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) documentation based on Wells Fargo Policy and Guidelines
• Support the Change Control process for Collateral Management System (CMS), a primary application used by the Real Estate Valuation Services teams
• Building and managing solid relationships with both internal and external business partners to include REVS Operational, Quality, Governance, and Analytics leadership
• Provide direction and/or guidance to less experienced team members
Key competencies for this role include:
• Ability to think both conceptually and detailed as needed
• Ability to identify challenges, anticipates obstacles, and resolve issues
• Ability to take initiative and have heightened sense of urgency, prioritization, and resolve
• Demonstrated ability to create and improve processes through analysis and strategic thinking
• Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills with ability to turn findings into strategic imperative
• Ability to work with preliminary or ambiguous information or problems
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: valuation, lending, underwriting
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Ability to grasp complex business issues quickly, recommend solutions, and drive for resolutions
- Process design or improvement experience
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively in virtual environment where key team members and partners are in various time zones and locations
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT) experience
- 1+ year of HP ALM experience
- SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer service focus with the ability to respond to requests in a timely manner
- A BS/BA degree or higher
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, and Project) skills
- 3+ years of business systems analysis experience, business systems design experience, or a combination of both
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.