All positions at Luckys Market are required to execute their daily job responsibilities in addition to focusing on sales and customer service. It is the expectation of each employee to maintain a positive attitude and a willingness to be a team player.
The receiver is responsible for all functions and paperwork relating to receiving. They will operate machinery including baler, compactor, and forklift in a safe and proper manner. Receivers must maximize sales potential through effective and proper procedures for receiving all products entering the store including verifying actual product against packing slips, confirming product integrity, and checking product temperatures as needed. They must initial and code invoices, log invoices, and distribute to appropriate departments. Receivers are responsible for maintaining cleanliness of receiving area including loading dock and trash areas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive product in good condition and alert appropriate parties to damaged product.
- Electronically enter invoices into receiving log after administering stamp and initials.
- Enter invoice data.
- Alert appropriate parties to arrival of goods.
- Verify actual product versus packing slips.
- Check product temperatures as needed.
- Maintain clean and safe work environment which includes receiving/loading and trash areas.
- Maintain maintenance log for all equipment.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalency degree.
- Preferred 1 -2 years grocery retail receiving experience.
- Previous experience in a natural foods industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to understand and follow proper receiving procedures.
- Effectively communicate with all service vendors.
- Ability to operate all necessary equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic working knowledge of computers and appropriate software.
- Demonstrated ability to perform basic math operations in addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Extended hours of walking and standing.
- Lifting, bending, and stooping constitute at least one-third of your physical requirements.
- Climbing stairs and ladders.
- Working in coolers with temperatures less than 40 degrees.
- Unassisted lifting of heavy objects greater than 40 pounds.
- Pushing and pulling carts with weight exceeding 100 pounds.
- Use of box cutters.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.