BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Responsible for posting price changes, accurately receiving product, working receiving reports and maintaining standards in the receiving department related to organization, cleanliness, file organization, product protection, and cold chain standards.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides members with prompt and courteous service and assistance.
- Maintains high standards of safety, service, and sanitation for members and team members.
- Prints, prepares, and hangs price change downloads.
- Properly researches and annotates receiving reports including, but not limited to, direct-to-club reports and negative-on-hand reports.
- Maintains, organizes, and files receipts and outbound shipment paperwork.
- Receives merchandise accurately and properly.
- Ensures received merchandise is properly stored according to product specifications.
- Receives Direct Store Delivery (DSD) loads and processes DSD credits.
- Processes reverse logistic information and corporate-office-initiated returns.
- Ensures the dock is organized and clean.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification processes.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about continuously on hard surfaces.
- Frequently requires bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching, and stooping, and using ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or oversized objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Requires using a pallet jack to pull/push pallets.
- Frequent exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and coolers.
- Frequent exposure to hazardous material.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.