If you are friendly, energetic, and enjoy helping people, buybuyBABY is looking for YOU!
Come join our team in Totowa, NJ.
We are looking for a Receiving Specialist to lead our Freight Flow team.
Our Freight Flow Team members work quickly and efficiently to unload trucks full of product and/or merchandise the product on the selling floor to ensure the store is customer ready. As the Receiving Specialist you'll lead the store to success with your motivational and organizational skills in the back room. You'll work with all types of products from small Health and Beauty items to larger items such as Nursery Room furniture.
Why you want to work here:
* Flexible Hours that work around your busy life
* Employee Discounts across all Bed Bath and Beyond brands
* A FUN and fast-paced work environment
* Growth Opportunities across all brands
The Receiving Specialist must possess a strong attention to detail and be able to perform a wide variety of job tasks, both on the sales floor and in the receiving area as business needs dictate.
• Inspect shipments for damages or defects and record discrepancies or damages
• Manage and process freight flow by verifying units received and unpacking and processing merchandise
• Provide direction to organize and rearrange merchandise as needed to execute stocking plans and presentation standards
• Acknowledge customers in a courteous, helpful and respectful manner; prompting and politely respond to customer inquiries and customer requests for support
• Perform all responsibilities associated with cashiering, when required
• Support housekeeping standards throughout facility, clean stock room and sales floor as needed
• Perform additional duties as required including, but not limited to, stocking, freight processing, price changes and cart retrieval
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 2+ years of retail experience desired
• Effective communication and customer service skills
• Readily adjusts schedule, tasks, and priorities when necessary to meet business needs
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.