BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The responsibility of the Receiving Supervisor is to administer and execute the activities of receiving operations. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Supervise the daily activities of the receiving operations. Oversee the scheduling and receiving of all inbound freight
- Ensure accurate and timely receipt of merchandise
- Resolve problem freight issues by contacting appropriate Home Office Logistics Inventory Control representative
- Coordinate all inbound shipments throughout the receiving area to maintain an efficient flow of merchandise through the crossdock operation
- Maintain safety compliance on forklifts, dock doors, lights and restraints
- Enforce BJ's Routing and Packaging guidelines as it pertains to the load condition of inbound shipments. Ensure vendor charge-backs (VCB) are processed timely
- Support and assist in the ongoing development of safety programs to increase awareness and reduce safety accidents/incidents
- Ensure the timely reporting, documenting and retraining of all safety violations
- Maintain receiving accuracy rate of 100% through enforcement of all procedures and policies
- Ensure the timely investigation of discrepancies and follow-up training on all errors
- Assist Loss Prevention/Quality Control Department in its efficient research and recovery efforts
- Prioritize all high shrink merchandise to be wrapped, quality checked and crossdocked to reduce potential loss
- Ensure proper merchandise handling techniques are used to prevent product damage and shrink
- Maintain timely administration of team member performance evaluations, corrective actions, performance documentation and recognition programs
- Encourage open communication with team members through weekly department meetings and one-on-one interaction
- Apply policies and procedures consistently and fairly
- Develop and coach team members to achieve department goals and objectives
- Provide feedback to team members not only during performance appraisals but during regular interaction
- Maintain a professional demeanor when interacting with all levels of team members and managers/supervisors
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 4 year’s experience in a distribution environment
- Proficient in the fundamentals of distribution management
- Previous experience with a warehouse management system
- Proven computer skills using Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.