Work is Sweet!
'Quality without Compromise' is not just a motto at See's Candies. It is the most important ingredient in our recipe for success. See's Candies has been in business since 1921 and maintains a reputation for producing the highest quality candy and providing superior customer service.
See's is a leader in the confectionary industry with over 250 retail shops across the USA.
At See’s Candies the key ingredient to our success is the dedication of our employees. It’s thanks to their passion and commitment that we remain a customer favorite, maintaining quality and integrity in all aspects of our business. The Receptionist/Accounting Clerk has the unique opportunity to contribute their talent, energy and ideas as we make life a little sweeter, one piece of candy at a time.
This position is responsible for managing the front office reception area, overseeing guest traffic and directing incoming calls. Also provides administrative support to the Accounting department.
- Maintain highest level of customer service while demonstrating a friendly and cooperative attitude
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls in friendly and professional manner
- Welcome and sign in visitors and vendors, provide visitor’s badge, notify appropriate department/individual
- Answer incoming general inquiries and direct inquiry to appropriate department, as needed
2. Process vendor invoicing.
- Match support documentation to A/P checks to in preparation for check signers to review and approve.
- Input vendor invoicing into Oracle Accounts Payable module.
- Review employee expense reimbursements according to Company policy.
- Prepare, input and process employee expense vouchers into Oracle Accounts Payable module
- Prepare and validate freight invoicing
- Prepare checks for mailing to vendors and employees.
3. Provide general Accounting Department support, including filing, opening, sorting, scanning, and distributing mail.
4. Assist with special projects as assigned by Management.
- Clear verbal and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Experience using a multi-line phone system.
- Ability to accurately direct calls during high volume season to appropriate departments.
- Two years’ experience in an Accounting department or equivalent work experience.
- Proficiency in personal computer skills, including MS Office (Excel, Word) and Internet searches
- 10-key by touch required.
- Detail-oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks and strong organizational skills.
- Physical demands:
- Able to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently.
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally.
9. Bilingual skills preferred.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
See's is an EOE
See’s will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance #131192 and Los Angeles Municipal Code 189.00).