Recertification Coordinator - Temporary
Primary Location: United States-MO-MOSaint Louis
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Founded in 2007, Missouri MENTOR provides home and community-based services to adults and young people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other specialized needs throughout St. Louis and surrounding communities.
Missouri MENTOR is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join Missouri MENTOR and The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities.
As a Recertification Coordinator with Missouri MENTOR you’ll be one of those special people.
Missouri MENTOR is seeking a Temporary Recertification Coordinator to coordinate the re-certification process and conduct home study evaluation, make recommendations to management, ensure that documentation is complete and corrections are made. This individual will maintain and audit files, and coordinate meetings and trainings for certified Mentors.
- Conducts quarterly and annual home study evaluations. Completes monthly report making recommendations to management for follow-up, de-certification, or re-certification.
- In conjunction with extensive written and verbal communication with the Office of Licensing, coordinates all steps in the re-certification process (i.e. document non-compliant issues, follow-up with mentor in their efforts to obtain necessary documentation, ensure that physical plant corrections are made, etc.).
- Compiles and submits information and advises management on whether or not to proceed on re-certifying a home.
- Assists the Program Manager, Recruiter, and Coordinators in "client match" meetings.
- Maintains appropriate records in compliance with funding source requirements.
- Maintains and audits mentor files monthly to ensure compliance with all regulatory, contractual, corporate, and legal requirements.
- Develops and implements mentor retention programs. Records and maintains the statistics necessary to measure the effectiveness of various mentor retention efforts.
- Coordinates monthly Mentor appreciation efforts and continuing education meetings to ensure compliance with required education hours
- Responsible for the coordination of training for all currently certified Mentors including CPR and First Aid training, monthly in-services, training on the client population, health, normalization, history of mentor, fire and safety.
- Compiles and distributes monthly listing of local community activities and resources for recreational opportunities.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
- Bachelors degree in Human Services and two years of related Human Services experience preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if providing transportation for individual receiving services
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state