At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people
live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses
under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise
to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and
improve the health and well-being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are
part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across
most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and
acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care
programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments,
telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's
customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well
as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense,
Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy
and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as
our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.
The Records Management Specialist I is responsible for processing all incoming medical and / or dental service documentation according to contract requirements and customer specifications. Receiving and thoroughly reviewing documentation for errors, identifying missing components and completing data entry. Ensuring program policies and customer designated guidelines are adhered to while processing the documentation under time - sensitive deadlines.
- Receive service documentation, scan, enter data and attach to orders
- Utilize internal proprietary program to maintain customer designated guidelines for the accurate processing of medical and / or dental service documentation through the maintenance of system check lists, accompanied with detailed documentation
- Data entry of medical and / or dental service results into internal proprietary and external customer databases
- Make outbound phone calls to provider network to verify customer attended appointment and documentation has been mailed, faxed or emailed into LHI
- Print and mail completed service documentation to customer following specific contract and HIPAA guidelines. This includes the handling of sensitive abnormal laboratory results.
- Audit and review system reports to verify accurate data entry into both internal and external databases
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Strong keyboarding skills including typing and data entry
- Proficient with Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation), and Microsoft Outlook (email and calendar)
- 1+ years of similar or related work experience (office work, customer service, etc.)
- Data entry and customer service experience
- Experience with medical or dental documentation and terminology
- Medical or dental transcription
- Strong analytical thinking, multi - tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team and must be able to problem solve and propose solutions in a fast - paced environment
- Must demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness in performing work responsibilities under time - sensitive deadlines established by contract requirements
- Willingness to work special projects as directed
- Ability to perform detailed work with a high degree of accuracy
- Must be able to recognize inconsistencies in data
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in
cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a
partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined
OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our
mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on
the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a
satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States.
We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental
providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for
everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven
focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do
your life’s best work.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:
UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected
veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace.
Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: LHI, WTC, La Crosse, WI, Data Entry, Customer Service, medical, dental medical terminology, transcription