You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Responsible for providing administrative support services for the Optum Subrogation / ICC Department. The position may include; answering and routing incoming calls, opening and sorting incoming mail, tracking and processing incoming checks and printing and preparing outgoing mail.
- Complete Quality Audits for recoveries posted by Analyst Team
- Request and mail checks from Accounts Payable for over payments and client recoveries
- Maintain accurate record keeping in the check log
- Assist in account reconciliation with the Finance Department
- Ensure all checks are processed in a timely manner through reports
- Monitor all check issues for the Check Auditing Team
- Assist Manager in documenting roles and improving Policies and Procedures by looking for process efficiencies
- Research missing or NSF checks
- Provide backup coverage for internal team members as needed
- Work and Review Incoming Reports, IE data integrity, AIM, TRACR etc.
- Manage non - subrogation checks to ensure they are forwarded to proper departments
- Investigate Unidentified Checks to ensure they are handled properly prior to being sent back
- Meet or Exceed established metrics
- Perform other duties as assigned by manager
Job Scope and Guidelines:
- Solves routine problems on own & works with manager to solve more complex problems
- Requires little assistance with standard and non - standard requests
- Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion
- Coordinates work activities with the team
- Develops plans to meet short - term objectives
- Identifies and resolves operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (data entry, sorting, creating / modifying spreadsheets)
- Experience with Microsoft Word (data entry and documentation creation)
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook (email communications and calendar)
- Ability to work 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.