The Recreation Therapist provides assessment, individualized intervention planning, treatment planning and group therapy to further patient/family/group progress in treatment according to Joint Commission, Federal and State Regulations, the Oceans' Mission, PI standards.
- Bachelors Degree in Recreation Therapy or equivalent experience required
- Certification as a CTRS
- At least 1 year experience working with psychiatric patients in an inpatient setting preferred
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age--related disability--related needs of the patients served on assignment.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the patient population served. Must be able to assess and interpret data about the patient’s status in order to identify each patient’s needs and provide the appropriate care, including age related care/disability/cultural sensitivity related care to adolescent, chronically mentally ill, adult, geriatric, chemically dependent, and dually diagnosed patient populations.
- Must demonstrate in-depth knowledge of mental illness and chemical dependency and the family dynamics, which accompany them.
- Must have basic knowledge of chronic mental illness. Must have in-depth knowledge of clinical therapy modalities.
- Must have excellent communication and group/process skills as related to age specific patient needs.