Primary Location: ME-MEStandish-234 Northeast Rd
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
NeuroRestorative Maine is hiring a Recreational Therapist
The MENTOR Network is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. Therefore, to deliver on our mission, The Network expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company’s mission.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Work directly with all clubhouse members to encourage and implement Work Ordered Day Clubhouse Services through mentoring, teaching, and coaching.
- Market and recruit businesses for clubhouse supported outreach and volunteer opportunities.
- Transport individuals to outreach and volunteer sites and assist in transferring individuals in and out of transportation vehicles.
- Maintain a safe environment; report and document all occurrences of injuries.
- Support the development of skills for clubhouse members to maximize the opportunity to achieve the greatest degree of self-sufficiency and independence chosen by the member.
- Complete all relevant documentation in an accurate and timely manner as specified.
- Complete all necessary assessments/paperwork as required by NeuroRestorative Maine.
- Assist with maintaining CARF requirements.
- Trained and able to conduct a monthly emergency drill; fire, tornado, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to initiate, develop and facilitate groups.
- Responsible for participant safety and well-being at all times.
- Successfully complete mandatory training and attend annual refresher/ re-certification courses prior to certification expiration dates.
Education and Experience:
· Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS); or
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus a CBIS or equivalent training (QBISP) within the first twelve months of employment.
· Requires a minimum of one year experience in the field working with members with acquired brain injury.
· Mental Health Rehabilitation Technician-Certified (MHRT-C)
· An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
· Current driver’s license, car registration and auto insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services.
· Travel as needed
· Available to support clubhouse activities on non-work days.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.