DescriptionThe Referral Coordinator 2 schedules and pre-registers patients for exams and procedures with specialists and providers outside of the primary care physician's office. The Referral Coordinator 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
The Referral Coordinator 2 at Partners In Primary Care gathers and communicates all relative information and preparation instructions to patient and referring providers. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year or more of hands-on healthcare experience in a clinical setting,
- Proficient with medical terminology
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Excellent professional communication abilities, at all levels within the organization and with patients, at all times
- This role is considered patient facing and is part of the company's Tuberculosis (TB) screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration
- Healthcare experience within the Medicare population
- Knowledge of ICD 10 and CPT coding
- Referral experience
- Medical Assistant or Professional State Certifications related to healthcare
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Interview Format
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology called Montage Voice to enhance our hiring and decision-making ability. Montage Voice allows us to quickly connect and gain valuable information from you pertaining to your relevant skills and experience at a time that is best for your schedule.
If you are selected for a first round interview, you will receive an email correspondence (please be sure to check your spam or junk folders often to ensure communication isn’t missed) inviting you to participate in a Montage Voice interview. In this interview, you will listen to a set of interview questions over your phone and you will provide recorded responses to each question. You should anticipate this interview to take about 15 to 30 minutes. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
This role is considered patient facing and is part of Humana’s Tuberculosis screening program. If selected for this role, you will be required to be screened for TB
At Humana, we know your well-being is important to you, and it’s important to us too. That’s why we’re committed to making resources available to you that will enable you to become happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas of your life. If you share our passion for helping people, we likely have the right place for you at Humana.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40