Let’s talk about meaningful work, an important role and a career move that can transform your future. At WellMed, a part of OptumCare and the growing UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we focus on prevention and the complete coordination of care for our patients. Join us and you’ll be part of a team dedicated to patient-centered, safe and effective health care. Your skills and talents will make an important impact on our patients while you open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization.
- Greet patients
- Coordinate patient flow to reduce wait times
- Assist patients with intake processes
- Collect co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles
- Process walk-in patients and visitors
The pace is fast, so your ability to multi-task is essential. You should also enjoy working with people and have the communication skills necessary to build strong relationships with our customers.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of related work experience, including data entry
- Working knowledge of medical office procedures and medical terminology
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- ICD 9 or 10 and CPT coding experience
Transforming health care and millions of lives starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring. Find out more and join us. It’s an opportunity to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: Patient Care Coordinator, Patient Service Representative, Customer Service, Medical, Clinic, Senior, Austin, TX, Texas