BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
REGIONAL ASSET PROTECTION MANAGER
The Regional Asset Protection Manager (RAPM) oversees Asset Protection, security, theft, fraud, investigations and related procedures within the field. The RAPM supports and continuously interacts with club management to analyze shrink, identify profitability gaps and address issues related to protecting company assets. The RAPM partners with club management, as well as business owners throughout the Field and Home Office, to identify opportunities to protect assets, reduce shrink, maintain a safe working environment, streamline processes and recommend potential solutions.
- Remain current in all asset protection-related technical skills, including CCTV, alarms, POS analytics, investigations and case management.
- Work with club management to maintain the security of our buildings, including cameras, alarms and security details.
- Investigate internal and external theft, fraud, and organized retail crime cases; communicate results of the investigations; provide recommendations for prosecution and terminations based upon facts of each case; perform in person interviews of internal theft/fraud as requested by VP of Asset Protection; and close out cases thoroughly and timely.
- Collaborate with their clubs, peers and Director on developing shrink strategies, assessing high risk areas, addressing team member incidents and maintaining a safe environment for team members and members.
- Coach and support Asset Control Managers by meeting regularly to reinforce priorities, talk through trends, conduct investigations and brainstorm ways to effectively protect company assets.
- Develop partnerships with all field support teams, including Operations, Human Resources, Safety and Facilities to support the clubs, create awareness and provide support.
- Provide guidance to club team members by assisting in training and monitoring of SAP; shrink reporting and analysis; merchandise tracking; reverse logistics; and physical inventory processes.
- Analyze SAP data and work with club team members to pinpoint the root cause of operational issues and provide recommendations to address deficiencies and gaps in execution.
- Play a leadership role when critical incidents and workplace violence situations occur, including gathering data, performing interviews and following-up on preventative measures.
- Support various company initiatives and strategic priorities by providing guidance based on industry best practices as they apply to Asset Protection.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Criminal Justice or Business Management.
- 4+ years of multi-site Loss Prevention/Asset Protection experience in retail preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations and industry best practices related to criminal charges and their applicability to internal and external cases.
- In-depth understanding of retail profitability, as well as the ability to analyze data, identify trends and provide recommendations to reduce shrink rates.
- Understanding of OSHA requirements, as it applies to maintaining a safe working and shopping environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detailed oriented and able to coordinate multiple priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Overnight travel required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.