We are currently in search of a Sales Manager to help our team achieve their goal of ensuring schools schedule and host successful events. This full time position offers medical, dental and vision benefits, Paid Time Off, a generous 50% off discount on Scholastic merchandise, and a 401k.
Qualified candidates will be able to guide their teams to the achievement of budgeted Fair Counts, net revenue and overall sales program goals, through effective execution of the sales and servicing methods of the company. They will support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a commissioned, territory/account-based sales force to achieve goals set forth in all sales metric categories. Monitor performance (daily, weekly, monthly, and seasonally), coach, develop, and review performance to achieve regional goals.
- Evaluate ongoing market and sales information reports to determine trends and performance in the region.
- Develop, communicate, and manage sales and service strategies by customer segment based on analysis of market penetration, sales fluctuations, and competition
- Build a customer-focused team and create customer loyalty by understanding customer motivation, expectations, and needs. Deliver on customer commitments, help to remove barriers to customer service, and ensure exceptional customer experiences.
- Lead and manage all training initiatives within the sales team. Conduct ongoing telephone sales, personal sales, and customer service training programs to provide continued development by being visible on the floor, “Management by Walk Around”.
- Develop expertise in the Book Fair business including customer segments, Fair types, product mix, merchandising, and customer value programs.
- Lead through Scholastic’s mission of creating a vision and inspiring others to understand Scholastic’s culture, values, and goals. Use this knowledge as a framework to influence performance indicators.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant experience in Business Administration, Management, Marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years of sales management experience in telephone based sales, personal selling, and customer service in a multi-million-dollar operating business.
- Experience in a centralized contact center environment is preferred.
- Proven experience to meet company goals by adding value for customers through products and services offered.
- Proven ability to build and grow revenue/quantitative financial and sales analysis skills, including metric analysis
- Strong oral and written communication and speech/technical presentation abilities.
- Demonstrated customer orientation.
- Outstanding interpersonal skill with direct reports, peers, superiors (cross functional and throughout the organization), customers, vendors, and other partners.
- Proficiency with MS Office software and experience with Sales Force Automation / Customer Relationship Management Technology. (Experience with PeopleSoft Customer Relationship Management module a plus.)