Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Communication Specialist professional to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The Communication Specialist is responsible for creating internal communications materials and executing Organization Development initiatives to promote employee awareness and engagement and encourage a positive corporate culture.
- Create strategic and locally relevant internal communication plans to support the regional/local communication strategy
- Author a variety of internal communications including company memos, weekly emails, quarterly newsletters and intranet postings (the Forum) to drive employee engagement
- Develop locally-focused stories for the Company online Forum (@1 story/month) – e.g. news about a certain site, local volunteer event, etc.
- Organize and support employee appreciation events with the help of the local engagement team
- Foster relationships with local managers and associates
- Work closely with the local culture champions to encourage and support a positive corporate culture
- Approve and publish informational content on Engagement Committee events, local hospital events, etc.
- Continuously develop content and activities to support the company’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Assist with the planning and managing of local events
- This will require 15-20% travel between Indianapolis and Chicago.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Programs and Windows Applications; Expert in PowerPoint
- 3+ years of experience with Project Coordination, Event Planning, and Internal Communications
- Proactive, self-motivated with strong initiative and follow through skills required
- Ability to wear multiple hats and comfortable working on multiple assignments in a fast-paced, deadline driven, often changing environment
It would be great if you also have:
- Healthcare industry experience a plus
**The Communications Specialist role can sit in Indianapolis, IN or Bolingbrook, IL**
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.