The Regional Community Liaison Director is responsible for driving the expansion of service delivery in the assigned territory. develops and implements the strategic community education plan. Coordinates programs for new and existing hospital services to the community. Conducts educational research to determine the need of new services and provides administration with summaries and recommendations pertaining to these evaluations. Coordinates the production and placement of advertisements and evaluates market reactions to advertising programs and marketing campaigns. Supervises Community Education Liaisons. All duties to be done in accordance with Joint Commission, Federal and State regulations, Oceans', policies and procedures and Performance Improvement Standards.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement evaluate, and direct the facility’s marketing programs to maintain and increase census and to provide the community with information relative to the facility, its programs, services and practices.
- Develops and spearheads strategic expansion plan and marketing strategy for the region. Communicates with Regional Operations team.
- Manage all Community Liaison Directors in territory including weekly updates, referral logs, shadowing in the field & sales training
- Networks within long-term care trade shows, mental health facilities, and local associations which generate business for the company.
- Responsible for helping to establish and achieving regional goals related to new development.
- Maintains involvement in community service organizations.
- Generates feedback from customers to determine needs in the community.
- Promotes specialty clinics in the community to highlight Adult and/or Geriatric Psychiatry Unit's program and services
- Reports to team members information affecting community education efforts.
Graduate of an accredited College or university with a bachelor's degree in either marketing, mass communications, business administration or equivalent experience. Minimum of ten (10) years experience in business development, preferably in a medical or hospital environment. Five (5) Years management experience preferred.
Knowledge of hospital operations and psychiatric programs preferred. Strict adherence to all corporate compliance policies; which includes code of conduct and code of ethics. Passes age/disability/cultural sensitivity skills test, probationary and annual monitor. Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development. Communicates in age/disability/culturally sensitive manner to patients, patient's families and referral sources.