Job ID 34844
Position Location US-FL-Tampa
Facility Name Regional-Florida-Bay Area
Job Category Business Office
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care Regional Director of Business Office Services, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. You are expected to provide innovative, responsible results with the creation and implementation of new ideas and concepts that continually improve systems and processes to achieve superior results. The primary purpose of your job position is ensuring the accurate, timely distribution of financial information in accordance with regulatory, statutory, debt covenant, and internal guidelines.
As Regional Director of Business Office Services for the Brandon/Tampa Area, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. Responsible for directing, planning, organizing, coordinating, and evaluating the revenue cycle process for a region of long term care centers. Supervises Business Office Managers in the applicable region. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop A/R action plans and systems to improve billing and collection functions in accordance with regulations and policies for an assigned group of long term care centers.
- Monitor and direct all patient accounts receivable functions, including billing, collections, resident trust and Medicaid pending conversions.
- Monitor and develop action plans to reduce bad debt.
- Train, lead and develop Business Office Managers in revenue cycle operations at assigned facilities.
- Coordinate and prepare financial information for the external auditors and the annual audited financial report.
- Work closely with business systems analyst to ensure the proper upload and download of financial information in billing system.
- Ad hoc reporting as required.
- Monitor preparation of weekly and monthly patient trust reconciliations, including quarterly audits to ensure compliance with regulations and policies.
- Monitor accounts receivable aging reports and develop action plans to improve collection of aged accounts.
- Monitor and approve write offs and contractual adjustment requests.
- Monitor and ensure A/R clearing accounts are maintained on a timely basis.
- Develop trending reports and explanations for accounts receivable performance improvement.
- Prepare and submit reports on facility operation, as required.
- Attend and/or conduct meetings, as required, to carry out responsibilities.
- Attend corporate management meeting, as required.
- Ensure adequate preparation for, and participate in, regulatory compliance.
- Oversee Traveling Business Manager, as required.
- Embrace Consulate’s five core values of compassion, honesty, integrity, respect, and passion, and incorporate them into one’s daily job function.
- Demonstrate respect and compassion in every interaction.
- Conduct oneself with the highest degree of honesty and integrity in every interaction.
- Demonstrate a passion for caring as evidenced by interaction with co-workers, residents, families, and visitors.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- BS degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance preferred.
- Must possess three (3) years experience in Skilled Nursing Facility billing/collecting and patient trust accounting.
- Must possess two (2) years management experience in a health care business office setting.
- Point Click Care (PCC) billing system experience preferred.
- National Data Care Resident Funds Management System (RFMS) experience preferred.
- Experience using Excel, Power point, and Word.
Facility and Benefit Information
Consulate Health Care rewards its professionals for their hard work and dedication to company success with a comprehensive benefit and incentives program including enhanced generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability and much more. We provide competitive pay, and a multitude of opportunities for career advancement, and personal growth. As a Consulate employee, you will provide service to our caregivers who fulfill our mission of “ Providing service with our Hearts and Hands ”.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Consulate Health Care is excited to introduce our New Work Life Balance Program
Consulate Health Care recognizes the significant time demands on select positions and now offers a Work Life Balance Program (WLBP), a favorable benefit for both the employee and company allowing flexibility in time off. The Work Life Balance Program is not your typical accrual based program, but is considered “ Unlimited” time off for the purposes of vacation and absences related to illness/injury. Our WLBP is available to you effective immediately upon start! No waiting periods! You may take up to two (2) consecutive weeks at any time, with prior approval from your supervisor. In addition, employees covered under WLBP will automatically be paid for the six (6 ) company recognized holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
We recognize the importance of your position and as such, we’ve gone through great lengths to provide you with a superior work/life balance program, which is not easily matched—or even available—in the long term care sector.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients