Job ID 30969
Position Location US-VA-Roanoke
Facility Name Consulate Health Care - Roanoke
Job Category Human Resources
Position Status FT (Full Time)
Purpose of Your Job Position
As a Consulate Health Care employee, you are entrusted with the responsibility of carrying out your daily tasks and assigned duties while demonstrating Consulate’s Core Values of Compassion, Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Passion. The Regional Director of Employee Relations is responsible for maintaining good communications and relationships with operations leadership and employees to promote a great employee experience. The Regional Director of Employee Relations will support the Division President, Regional Vice Presidents, and Care Centers leadership.
The Regional Director of Employee Relations serves as a resource/consultant the Regional Vice President and Care Center leadership in assisting employee retention, employee engagement & satisfaction, policy advisement, staff complaints, labor grievance support, guidance on investigations, performance management, termination guidelines, and leadership training. Additionally the Regional Director of Employee Relations will help support onboarding efforts for Executive Directors, Directors of Nursing, and Human Resource Coordinators in training on HR policy, procedures, and processes. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon you performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time, for any reason.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult and support Regional Vice Presidents of Operations, Care Center leadership, and Region teams as human resource subject matter experts.
- Participate in region meetings sharing HR analysis and insight employee retention, employee relations, HR regulatory compliance, and HR initiatives.
- Establish and ensure consistent HR practices across the region in the areas of:
- Employee engagement
- Investigations and follow-ups
- Orientation and On-Boarding
- Employee performance management
- Follow up and follow through to ensure regional HR goals are being established and executed
- Provide advice and guidance to Regional Vice Presidents, and Care Center management regarding appropriate progressive discipline, employee suspensions and terminations. Including providing guidance on union grievance issues.
- Serve as a resource for and assist in training of the EDs, DONs, and HR/Payroll Coordinator, on HR policies and processes.
- Provide guidance to Care Center management on proper regulatory compliance for employee files to meet federal and state laws.
- Conduct exit interviews and root cause analysis on turnover of ED, DON, and care center employees and implement action plans to reduce leadership and Care Center turnover.
- Conduct remote random audits on Care Center employee files and to help ensure regulatory compliance as needed.
- Provide Regions and Care Centers training and development leadership and address issues around performance gaps, employee engagement and retention.
- Monitor the Consulate Cares cases and partner with RVPOs to investigate issues related to Care Center leadership and assist with action plans to reduce cares line calls.
Education & Experience
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years human resources experience in long term care in a multiple facility capacity.
- Must have intermediate personal computer skills to include electronic mail, record keeping, routine data base activity, word processing, spreadsheet applications, graphics, etc.
- Must possess the ability to work independently.
- Must possess exceptional team building and people skills.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to cope with the stress associated with changing census and workload pressures.
- Must demonstrate the ability to prioritize and time-manage effectively for self and others.
- Must be knowledgeable of computer systems, system applications, and other office equipment.
- Must possess the ability to deal with a wide range of personality types, ages, and diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must possess the ability to articulate and comprehend the English language.
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and time-manage effectively for self and others.
Where Will Compassion Take You?
At Consulate Health Care, we're looking for talented, compassionate and hard-working individuals who are eager to serve others. Our team members go above and beyond to give our residents and patients the care they deserve — so you'll find that every day with Consulate Health Care offers new and exciting opportunities to learn and grow.
Compassionate hearts and passionate dedication – these two qualities shine in our team members and provide the foundation for our mission of “Providing Service With Our Hearts and Hands” . The compassion you'll show to residents, patients and their families is the lifeline of our business, while relationships with your peers and coworkers will strengthen our vibrant, diverse community.
Consulate Health Care is one of the nation's leading providers of Senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, Occupational and Speech therapies
- "Your Journey Home" short-term rehab program
- Alzheimer's and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients