BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
REGIONAL FRESH SPECIALIST - Jacksonville, FL to Virginia Beach, VA
The responsibility of the Fresh Specialist is to work collaboratively, assisting, and effectively communicating with the Zone Managers, Manager of Field Perishables, Regional Directors, Merchants, and Club management to ensure overall execution of Perishable Merchandising and Operational Initiatives are executed. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Sales Operation Field , Club Management, and Home Office Staff to effectively manage and measure performance in the perishables area, identify areas of opportunity, develop and enhance processes to achieve all sales and shrink/salvage budgets
- Partner with Field Operations and Home Office to build chain wide consistency in member experience and satisfaction thru assisting in hiring, training and developing of senior club management and perishable management team members
- Work with Sales Operation Field and Home Office Team Members to create and execute new company initiatives that create operational efficiencies
- Gather and analyze all data to identify trends and anticipate opportunities to maximize sales and profit
- Based on data and learning's, enhance existing/build new processes in collaboration with Sales Operation Field, Merchants, and Finance Dept. that enable all sales and shrink/salvage budgets to be achieved for responsible clubs
- Create, develop and implement merchandising standards, shrink/salvage controls, and sanitation practices to establish expectations that build chain wide consistency
- Participate in new club openings to ensure consistency
- With support of the training organization, develop plan to transfer knowledge to club Team Members on perishable areas, from GMIT/AMIT to perishable Team Members
- Play an active role in sharing knowledge by conducting field seminars and meetings as well as participating in weekly field visits
- Communicate any perishable opportunities and concerns to Home Office
- At the club level, assist Team Members in solving perishable concerns
- Assist Regional Operations and Club management to ensure candidates are being identified and positioned in each region to build the bench
- Through innovative thinking, identify, create, and implement operational efficiencies, share ideas and influence committees, execute new ideas thru special projects and remodel design
- 5 years in retail or wholesale food business (specifically fresh/perishables) at multi store levels
- Must have demonstrated successes specifically with Fresh Produce.
- Ability to travel throughout the region and to Home Office
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.