The Regional Human Resource Leader is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of human resource functions for multiple Whelan Security branches. A Whelan Regional HR Leader must represent Whelan’s 10 core Values of Truth-Telling, Promise-Keeping, Respect, Loyalty, Empowerment, Discipline, Leadership, Flexibility, Quality Assurance, and Results
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead and develop a regional team of HR professionals to include HR Managers and HR Coordinators. Participate in developing department goals, objectives and metrics.
- Coordinate and enforce human resources policies and procedures throughout branches.
- Implement and administer various corporate human resources plans and procedures for region’s personnel.
- Implement, recommend and monitor personnel policies and procedures; research and suggest updates to handbook on policies and procedures
- Ensure 100% compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Serve as HR liaison with Unions, as necessary, including dispute resolution and contract negotiation
- Implement and provide information annually to update compensation programs.
- Work with corporate HR to rewrite job descriptions as necessary.
- Implement and is responsible for the regions performance evaluation program.
- Maintain OSHA documentation; support the filing of EEO-1 reports; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Work with corporate staff to screen and interview branch overhead candidates; extend job offers; conduct new-employee orientations.
- Monitor career-pathing and succession planning programs.
- Maintain branch employment records and reports, to include following Whelan’s record retention policies.
- Utilize HRIS (WinTeam) software to include onboarding, updating and reporting.
- Communicate state and local employment law changes to Corporate staff.
- Investigate and communicate resolutions on harassment, discrimination and employee engagement claims.
- Support employment law cases such as EEOC.
- Ensure progressive discipline is followed and tracked on all corrective actions..
- Support branch General Managers by providing leadership to branch overhead employees.
- Enhance branch effectiveness by analyzing current processes and recommending modifications.
- Implement, facilitate and/or coordinate national training programs and those specific to the branch.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Passion to live and impart the core values of Whelan Security
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of federal and state labor laws and regulations, with the ability to apply to specific situations
- Excellent investigation skills
- Organizational skills to plan, organize, and prioritize workload and meet multiple deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must possess the following personal qualities
- Sense of urgency
- Follow through
- Detail oriented
- Good judge of people
- Ability to read body language
- Enthusiasm, for position and company
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in a fast paced, human resources environment
- A minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in an HR capacity
- Proven experience managing Human Resources practices, policies, and legal compliance
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Communicative Skills
The position further requires the employee to have and maintain the physical and mental condition needed to:
- Listen, understand, remember, summarize, convey and retain basic instructions and detailed information
- Speak, read and write the English language in a clear, understandable fashion
- Verbally provide accurate information
- Reasonably identify and display basic non-verbal communications (body language)
- Effectively relate to or communicate with a variety of personality types in-person or during interpersonal contacts.
- Judgment/Decision Making Ability
The position requires the employee to have the ability to:
- Comprehend and implement verbal and written instructions
- Not share sensitive or confidential information with unauthorized positions
- Apply reasoning skills when confronted with circumstances requiring discretionary decisions
- Have good problem-solving skills
- Establish priorities and construct subsequent plans when investigating incidents or events
- Formulate and carry out an appropriate course of action for a given situation for which no specific rule or procedure has been established
- Apply theory-based instruction or training to actual incidents/situations
- Handle situations firmly, courteously, tactfully and impartially
- Retain and retrieve information furnished in the form of policies, bulletins, verbal reports, training keys, etc.
- Can receive and give instructions
- Emotional Psychological Stability
The position requires the employee to have the emotional and psychological stability required to:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, business organizations, such as educational institution and military establishment personnel, and the public
- Cope with and perform day-to-day duties under the principles of discipline
- Maintain self-control when receiving constructive criticism and coaching
- Continue performing all required tasks at a professional level when faced with unpleasant circumstances
- Adapt to changing situations and set priorities.
- Pass an extensive background screening which includes, but is not limited to, criminal background checks (local, state and federal), drug test, aptitude tests, skills assessment, interviews, and personality profile (behavioral assessment)
- Tech-savvy with experience in both proprietary and mass market systems
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Dallas, TX 75230