The Regional Dental Hygiene Director is responsible for training, support and ensuring of dental hygiene practice standards of care as governed in the states in which DentalOne Partners operates under the direction of affiliated/supported doctor leadership and Professional Association/Corporation (“PA”) ownership. The Regional Dental Hygiene Director reports directly to the SVP of Dental Hygiene Operations and collaborates closely with the operations and clinical teams at the regional level (RVPs, RCVPs, and DMOs). The RDHD will consider generally accepted clinical recommendations from nationally recognized associations to aid in the establishment of scientifically based hygiene guidelines to assist in training of hygienists and to support superior patient outcomes.
The Regional Dental Hygiene Director in collaboration with SVP of Dental Hygiene Operations will strive to build a world class hygiene program that delivers industry leading continuing education for new and existing hygienists, and create an environment of excellence for patients and hygiene providers.
75% of the Regional Dental Hygiene Director’s time will be dedicated to the functions stated above.
The Regional Dental Hygiene Director will also be responsible for University Relations and building relationships with Universities in their perspective market 25% of the time. The University Relations component of this role will include but not be limited to presenting Lunch and Learns to graduating Dental and Dental Hygiene students, attending career fairs, dental convention, driving the DA externship programs, attending local Dental and Dental Hygiene association and student association meetings and joining Dental and Dental Hygiene advisory boards where possible.
Responsible for conducting a robust training program for hygienists based on well-established scientific principles. The training programs may include, but not limited to: Regional Hygiene Forums, Hygiene Orientation, On Boarding, Regional vendor supported programs, internally supported programs, weekly and/or monthly conference calls, one-on-one coaching and webinars and other online activities.
- Partner with Human Resources to help attract and retain quality talent with the appropriate skills, temperament and patient care focus. Support HR related policies and procedures including but is not limited to: recruitment, performance and talent management, staff development and succession planning.
- Evaluate and analyze a hygiene metric scorecard to aid PA owners and clinical leadership in monitoring important metrics to help achieve appropriate levels of care which match the patient populations’ clinical needs.
- Work closely with PA owners to identify opportunities in hygiene departments in respective market, including but not limited to:
- Identifying the hours of hygiene needed to serve the patient population - right sizing the hygiene department based on demand and desire for growth.
- Assess hygienists’ performance and provide performance evaluations annually.
- Assist regional management in crafting performance improvement plans for hygienists when appropriate.
- Responsible for coordination/collaboration with PA owners, clinical and operational leadership, concerning dental hygiene initiatives.
- Establish and track accountability measures for affiliated or managed practices and individual hygienists under the direction of PA ownership and clinical leadership in accordance with State and Federal regulatory guidelines.
- Interact with operational leadership to identify strategies and tactics to best coordinate clinical and operational efforts for the betterment of patients and the organization.
- Provide leadership and promote a cohesive leadership approach by collaboration with regional staff, clinical team, and functional departments within the organization.
- Analyze data to identify trends and opportunities to optimize hygiene performance.
- Coordinate with regional team to develop action plans, monitor progress against plans for identifying and preventing patient care issues. Troubleshoot dental hygiene clinical standards with PA owner, supported or affiliated doctor and Chief Clinical Officer, as they arise.
- Ensure that customer service and patient satisfaction is the highest priority. Ensure that patient issues within the hygiene department are addressed in timely and appropriate manner.
- Coordinate onboarding orientation content for new hygienists.
- Assist in clinical interview process for hygienists.
- AGD PACE Continuing education oversight and renewal process in coordination with the Director of Training and Development.
- Attend Doctor Dinners/Hygiene Forums company-wide as Clinical Liaison, as needed.
- Work closely with Chief Clinical Officer, SVP of Dental Hygiene Operations and Regional Clinical Vice Presidents on launch of new clinical initiatives and pilots.
- Assess and evaluate programs designed to enhance engagement and retention of hygiene providers.
- Additional duties may be assigned as necessary to achieve company standards and goals as efficiently as possible.
- Graduate of an Accredited Dental Hygiene Program with a BS preferred.
- Advanced degrees are desirable.
- We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, special disability or medical or
veteran status in accordance with federal law. In addition, the company complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination
in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities.
- Teaching and special presentation experience in clinical and business systems in dental hygiene academic institutions and/or dental society meetings is highly desirable.
- Active Dental Hygiene License within the United States is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of dental hygiene experience is required.
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with peers, subordinates, and internal & external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Results-oriented – Must be able to meet deadlines and performance metrics/targets.
- Demonstrated ability to understand financial statements.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and execute, as well as the ability to provide appropriate management direction, coaching, follow-up and staff development.
- Strong relationship building skills and teamwork is essential.
- Must demonstrate professional conduct and demeanor at all times, but especially under pressure.
- Proficiency with MS Office, Excel, etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate good judgment and operate with a high degree of ethics and integrity.
- Must be able to work independently (from home, if necessary) with a high level of professionalism, dedication and commitment. Must be highly organized and able to structure work activities and adjust priorities as needed.
- Travel is typically 60-75%. Local and/or overnight required for home office and affiliated or managed practice visits as necessary.