BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
REGIONAL MEMBERSHIP LEAD
Responsible for supporting and driving membership efforts and results for approximately 4 - 6 clubs in an assigned region. Provides expertise through “on the ground” training, demonstrating, troubleshooting and course correcting. Spends dedicated time and attention with the MSM and Member Services Desk Team Members to directly influence and guide membership actions, expectations and results. With Field Membership Manager, identifies areas of opportunity and/or priority. Coordinates and schedules visits based on club opportunities and business needs. Enforces membership policies and procedures to ensure compliance with company standards.
- Meets and/or exceeds membership fee income goals through successful acquisition, retention, loyalty, and experience efforts for assigned clubs.
- Supports club level execution of and compliance for company membership programs and initiatives.
- Consults with FMM to review club specific performance metrics and identify membership needs/priorities and “solve for” strategies
- Leverages reporting tools to assess strengths and opportunities
- Works directly with club MSM and MSS teams to further evaluate “key driver” performance, discuss execution opportunities and develop plans of action where required
- Works “on the ground” with Member Service Desk and Frontline Team Members to address, instruct and coach for expected performance/outcomes
- Ongoing monitoring and follow up for performance, including improvements, stagnancy and declines
- Assists in the selection and development of effective and productive desk teams through incremental training, coaching and mentoring.
- Provide training and coaching for new MSMs and MSSs
- Special projects as assigned
- High school diploma. College degree and/or 2+ years of retail and/or management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities; including managing/supervising, driving and communicating for results.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train
- Strong persuasion/selling skills
- Confident with reporting and metrics
- Time management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills preferred
- Prior experience in a member-focused environment.
- Capacity to work evenings and weekends as needed to fulfill 1:1 coaching responsibility across shifts/TM schedules
- Understanding of desk systems and processes a plus
- Effective and efficient in a fast paced and everchanging environment
- Reliable transportation required for travel of 3 – 4 days per week
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.