No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Optum’s URAC and ACHC accredited Specialty Pharmacy, Briova, serves the needs of patients with complex chronic diseases. The Regional Sales Director, is responsible for the strategic direction of the Regional Account Management team and achievement of sales goals and key objectives.
The Regional Sales Director leads and motivates a team to increase specialty pharmacy revenue / margin and ensures the achievement of sales goals: analyzes and interprets sales data, evaluates current business, identifies new sales opportunities, develops strategy, develops target / prescriber reports, develops business plans and executes the plan. Recruits, interviews, hires, trains and coaches Regional Account Managers. Evaluates goals and conducts performance reviews. Collaborates with OptumRx pharmacy personnel to efficiently and effectively provide best-in-class service to customers. Coordinates with Optum’s Managed Care Team to maximize impact of contracts. Acts as Briova account lead in key accounts in the Region where there are multiple therapeutic opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The territory will include Southeast Michigan, Northern OH, Western PA, and parts of WV.
If you are located in Detroit, MI or Cleveland, OH you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leads, motivates and coaches Regional Account Managers to achieve sales goals. Drives accountability at a territory level
- Develops regional strategy and plan of action for the following therapeutic areas: Oncology, Gastroenterology, Growth Disorders, Autoimmune, MS, Infusion Therapies
- Recruits, interviews and hires top talent
- Trains and develops talent. Leads team through change
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and Briova service model expertise
- Collaborates with pharmacy operations team to ensure superior customer service
- Analyzes and summarizes data and trends
- Routinely communicates with centralized marketing team regarding resources, competitive activity, etc
- Interfaces with pharmaceutical manufacturers to highlight Briova’s service excellence
- Builds business relationships with health care professionals
- Effectively manages budget
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Maintains accurate records of all sales activities including salesforce.com
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Demonstrates ability to effectively interact and cooperate with all company employees
- Builds trust, values others, communicates effectively, drives execution, fosters innovation, focuses on the customer, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively and demonstrates high integrity
- Complies with all company and government policies, regulations and business ethics codes and ensures they are communicated and implemented within the team
- BS Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in healthcare related sales and a minimum of 3 years in sales leadership
- Proven history of driving sales results and achieving goals
- Experience in effectively collaborating with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven success in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Willingness to travel a minimum of 60%
- MBA or professional health care degree
- Experience selling a complex service
- Experience in Specialty Pharmacy, Medical Device, Infusion, Medical supplies or related industry strongly preferred
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There’s no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Specialty pharmacy, Sales Director, Regional Sales Director, manage, sales, Detroit, MI, Michigan, Cleveland, OH, Ohio