To actively generate sales revenue according to plan targets, manage relationships; maximize productivity and service accounts from existing and prospective customers in the assigned sales territory on behalf of the Grand Canyon Railway.
Successful sales manager actively and aggressively fills the business pipeline as part of a highly motivated sales and marketing organization
- Success oriented
- Loves selling; consistently exceeds sales goals
- Ability to close
- Follows through to completion
- High degree of self-confidence
- A self-starter with a powerful drive
- Seeks the freedom to get the job done
- Proactively seeks “best in class” results
- A team player
- Leads by example
- An open communicator
- Takes initiative; willing to go the extra mile
- Dedicated and loyal
- Fully understand and support Xanterra Mission Statement and Core Values.
- Establish and maintain visibility for Grand Canyon Railway within assigned territory.
- Represent Grand Canyon Railway at regularly scheduled membership meetings and trade shows, including evenings and weekend events.
- Must maintain a flexible schedule to accommodate last minute sales opportunities.
- Maintain positive and consistent profile of Grand Canyon Railway within the industry through territory contacts
- Attends company sales meetings
- Meet and/or accompany members of the media as needed
- Achieve and exceed revenue goals on a monthly basis
- Maintain contact with accounts based on tiered production and call standards
- Solicitation of potential clients for future business
- Outside sales calls and presentations to accounts
- Maintains positive customer relationships
- Identifies opportunities for revenue growth through customer focused selling
- Spearheads joint marketing opportunities with industry partners
- Represent and cross-sell Grand Canyon South Rim properties
- Distribute leads to other regional territories
- Conduct customer training both in person and through Webex online training
- Entertain potential and existing clientele to develop and maintain relationships
- Maintains account profiles
- Performs analysis of pre-sell volume and integrity; assist in development of gap strategies
- Produce weekly sales reports
- Produce monthly sales reports
- Package monthly production reports for specific accounts
- Contribute to the annual sales and marketing plan
- Manage expenses and submit timely expense reports
- Position requires a valid Arizona driver’s license to be able to comply with the Xanterra/GCR Company Vehicle Policy
- Three to five years of previous sales experience in the hospitality industry
- Ability to meet aggressive sales targets
- Ability to manage sales activities
- Ability to travel as required
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be able to work independently, without direct supervision as part of a cohesive, professional team
- Must be able to think clearly, analyze and resolve problems while exercising good judgment
- Must have strong computer skills including the use of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Contacts within sales territory a strong plus
- Previous experience with Delphi or Opera PMS would be a plus
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed direction).
- Attention to Detail skills (minimize the risk of error)
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Travel in state and occasionally out of state.
- Complete required training programs.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.