Primarily responsible for ensuring proper implementation of tactical operations for designated regions for Whelan, as designated by the client. Travel required to perform the duties of the position. Position based in SF Bay Area CA as deemed necessary for operations.
Whelan Security is a performance-based company that cares deeply about maintaining our conservative business culture. The Regional Security Operations Manager is an operational leader of the company responsible for the personnel a larger strategic account, typically reporting into a Director of Security. The Regional Operations Manager is responsible for the management, employee development and engagement of all personnel in the assigned client site, as well as operational support for the account, to include scheduling, payroll, compliance, post order development and performance metrics tracking, and employee recruiting discipline, recognition, training, and inspections. The Regional Security Operations Manager role is 100% tactical and operational. The Regional Security Operations Manager is expected to build upon a culture of employee engagement and set the example for all employees in the assigned account of servant leadership and personal commitment to the Whelan Values.
Personal Characteristics: Company-Wide Culture - High Integrity (Character Beyond Reproach), Servant Leader (Never Asking Anyone to Do What You Aren’t Willing to Do), Hands-On Leader, Financially Prudent, Detail-Oriented, Thick-Skinned, Fun.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Travel to all sites on at least a quarterly rotation or more frequently.
- Establish and maintain excellent business relationships with the client and support all regional site locations as needed, including the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) in succession to GSOC Manager.
- Ensure availability 24/7 to answer phone/e-mail as required in business communications.
- Act as a business consultant to the client by developing or assisting in the development of security plans and procedures, implementation of post assignments for specified locations.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive program that includes following designated orders and overall reporting procedures for the designated region and specified site locations.
- Provide immediate and timely response to any problems or concerns proposing viable solutions.
- Maintain a positive work ethic, constantly striving to create efficiencies while increasing effectiveness in business practices for both Whelan and the client.
- Audit methods, procedures, and operations at specified locations in order to promote a proactive solutions approach.
- Work closely with branch offices involved in the account to ensure locations are receiving the support necessary to remain in compliance with the contract.
- Order supplies, uniforms, and equipment as necessary to support site operations.
- Assist Director and Human Resources in selecting and retaining personnel that will acclimate to the business principles of both Whelan and the client.
- Comply with Federal and State employment laws and all Whelan standards, policies, and reporting procedures.
- Address invoicing issues presented by both the client and the company in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with site Project Managers or other Regional managers to develop standardized security procedures.
- Oversee performance measurement tracking program for Region (Truth Report or other).
- Provide performance reporting methods and present data as requested by Director, Whelan Management, or client.
- Identify and report any potential security threats/vulnerabilities to the Director/client as observed.
- Assist in overall company functions as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college or university is preferred although equivalent experience will be considered
- 1+ years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Be Supported: Whelan employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, supplemental benefits (including dental, vision, short term disability, life insurance, and legal assistance plans), 401(k) retirement plan, employee assistance program, prescription discount cards, paid vacations, and more!
Be Challenged: Our extensive training program and career progression opportunities create an environment where employees can thrive, succeed, and enhance their careers.
Be Rewarded: We are proud to acknowledge and reward exceptional employees who make a difference to customers, the team, and the organization through our comprehensive Employee Recognition Program.
Be Valued: We are more than a team – we are a family! The distinctive culture of our family business sets us apart from every other contract security company in the industry.
If you are looking for an outstanding opportunity to work at a family-owned, industry-leading organization – APPLY NOW! http://careers.whelansecurity.com/
Click “Apply” to begin the application process immediately. For more information, you can also call us at or send an email to email@example.com
Not convinced? Listen to what our team members have to say!