The Regional Specialist is responsible for providing training and support for existing stores in assigned area and related sub-departments in each existing store. This position supports existing stores with training, mentoring, best practices, margin troubleshooting, scheduling re-sets, problem-solving, processes and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the development and lead all existing store Natural Living teams - inspiring teamwork, enthusiasm, and complete product knowledge.
- Assist, as needed, in the hiring, mentoring, coaching, and development of Natural Living Department Managers by partnering with Store Director and in fostering the development of future Managers.
- Manage vendors, brokers and team members to execute sets, end caps and displays.
- Follow schematics when merchandising department.
- Help establish and maintain all retail Natural Living standards regarding product mix, quality, merchandising, customer service, skill building, etc.
- Communicate sales, margin and labor targets for each store and work cooperatively with Store Directors and Leadership Teams to achieve those targets.
- Participate in resets, remodels and supports existing stores (training of existing teams, department design, design resets, fixtures).
- Collaborate to develop programs that will continuously improve the quality of our Natural Living Teams in product knowledge, training, and customer service.
- Work on special projects within the Support Office of Luckys Market.
- Provide feedback to all vendors on product quality and service to store issues.
- Uphold merchandising vision for all locations.
- Up to 80 % travel may be required in this position.
- Assist the Natural Living Director in the role of product seeker for innovative local, regional and national Natural Living products and merchandising techniques to grow sales.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Four to six years of direct retailing/sales or related experience in natural and organic retail - vitamins, supplemental herbs, homeopathic remedies, natural body care and general merchandise.
- Two to four years of management experience in Natural Living in a multi-unit format.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep working knowledge of natural and organic retail merchandising and operations.
- Passion for the industry and broad knowledge of its potential impact on the customer are all pre-requisites.
- Continued education and a drive for continuous learning is preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, financial statements, government regulations and legal documents.
- Ability to write presentations and present information effectively to store management, public groups, suppliers and team members
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, margins, and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work professionally with a positive attitude is a requirement
- Demonstrated leadership in managing budgets, timelines and expectations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and planning skills
- Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of the vendor community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills but can roll up the sleeves to get things done.
- Should be equally comfortable cleaning and setting shelf heights or conducting a training seminar
- Demonstrated understanding of P&L management and budget development.
- Passion for natural products, food, people and the willingness to explore, expand and learn. Also the willingness to share knowledge and inspire passion in others.
- Ability to travel and commute
- Commitment to achieving excellence.
- Superior organizational skills for follow-through and the ability to juggle and prioritize
- Strong work ethic, lead by example.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Travel up to 80% of the time must possess valid active drivers license.
- Potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending on concrete floors.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness and ability to enter cold cases, coolers and freezers, thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Need to be able to remain calm during occasional moments of high stress when dealing with systems, vendors, customers and team members.
- Ability to work well with limited supervision and/or in a highly visible team environment.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.