The Regional Specialist is responsible for providing training and support for existing stores in assigned area and related sub-departments in each existing store. This position supports existing stores with training, mentoring, best practices, margin troubleshooting, scheduling re-sets, problem-solving, processes and procedures in Beer, Wine & Spirits (BWS)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Oversee the development and lead all existing store BWS teams - inspiring teamwork, enthusiasm, and complete product knowledge.
* Assist, as needed, in the hiring, mentoring, coaching, and development of BWS Department Managers by partnering with Store Director and Regional Operations Director in fostering the development of future Managers.
* Manage vendors, brokers and team members to execute sets, end caps and displays.
* Help establish and maintain all retail BWS standards regarding product mix, quality, merchandising, customer service, skill building, etc.
* Communicate sales, margin and labor targets for each store and work cooperatively with Store Directors and Leadership Teams to achieve those targets.
* Participate in resets, remodels and existing store openings (training of existing teams, department design, resets, and fixtures).
* Collaborate to develop programs that will continuously improve the quality of our BWS Teams in product knowledge, training, and customer service.
* Work on special projects within the Support Office of Luckys Market.
* Provide feedback to all vendors on product quality and service to store issues.
* Stay current on competition in the market and report on pricing and merchandising.
* Uphold merchandising vision for all locations.
* Up to 80 % travel may be required in this position.
* Assist the BWS Director with Vendor communications; including pricing, products, and merchandising techniques to grow sales.
Education and Experience
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Four to six years of direct retailing/sales or related experience in Beer, Wine & Spirits.
* Two to four years of management experience in Beer, Wine & Spirits in a multi-unit format.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Deep working knowledge of BWS merchandising and operations.
* Passion for the industry and broad knowledge of its potential impact on the customer are all pre-requisites.
* Continued education and a drive for continuous learning is preferred.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, financial statements, government regulations and legal documents.
* Ability to write presentations and present information effectively to store management, public groups, suppliers and team members.
* Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, margins, and percentages.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
* Ability to work professionally with a positive attitude is a requirement.
* Demonstrated leadership in managing budgets, timelines and expectations.
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and planning skills.
* Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of the vendor community.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong strategic thinking skills but can roll up the sleeves to get things done.
* Should be equally comfortable cleaning and setting shelf heights or conducting a training seminar.
* Demonstrated understanding of P&L management and budget development.
* Passion for food, BWS, people and the willingness to explore, expand and learn. Also the willingness to share knowledge and inspire passion in others.
* Ability to travel and commute when needed.
* Commitment to achieving excellence.
* Superior organizational skills for follow-through and the ability to juggle and prioritize.
* Strong work ethic, must be able to lead by example.
* Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
* Travel up to 80% of the time must possess valid drivers license.
* Prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending on concrete floors.
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
* Willingness and ability to enter cold cases, coolers and freezers, thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
* Ability to work under occasional high stress when dealing with systems, vendors, customers and team members.
* Ability to work well with limited supervision and/or in a highly visible team environment.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.