The Regional Specialist is responsible for providing training and support for existing stores in assigned area and related sub-departments in each existing store. This position supports existing stores with training, mentoring, best practices, margin troubleshooting, scheduling re-sets, problem-solving, processes and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the development and lead all existing store Meat and Seafood teams - inspiring teamwork, enthusiasm, and complete product knowledge.
- Assist, as needed, in the hiring, mentoring, coaching, and development of Meat and Seafood Department Team Members by partnering with Store Director and in fostering the development of future Managers.
- Manage vendors, brokers and team members to execute sets, end caps and displays.
- Help establish and maintain all retail Meat and Seafood standards regarding product mix, quality, merchandising, customer service, skill building, etc.
- Communicate sales, margin and labor targets for each store and work cooperatively with Store Directors and Leadership Teams to achieve those targets.
- Participate in resets, remodels and supports existing stores (training of existing teams, department design, design resets, fixtures).
- Collaborate to develop programs that will continuously improve the quality of product knowledge, training, and customer service.
- Work on special projects within the Support Office of Luckys Market.
- Provide feedback to all vendors on product quality and service to store issues.
- Uphold merchandising vision for all locations.
- Up to 80 % travel may be required in this position.
- Assist the Meat and Seafood Director and the in the role of food forager for innovative local, regional and national Grocery products and merchandising techniques to grow sales.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Four to six years of direct retailing/sales or related experience in natural and organic retail grocery.
- Two to four years of management experience Meat and Seafood in a multi-unit format.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Deep working knowledge meat, seafood, and natural and organic retail grocery merchandising and operations.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of butchery, knife skills, high volume food production, case setting, production, and taste description.
- Extensive knowledge of culinary techniques, butchery and seafood.
- Passion for the industry and broad knowledge of its potential impact on the customer are all pre-requisites.
- Continued education and a drive for continuous learning is preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, financial statements, government regulations and legal documents.
- Ability to write presentations and present information effectively to store management, public groups, suppliers and team members
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, margins, and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to work professionally with a positive attitude is a requirement
- Demonstrated leadership in managing budgets, timelines and expectations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and planning skills
- Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of the vendor community
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong strategic thinking skills but can roll up the sleeves to get things done.
- Should be equally comfortable cleaning and setting shelf heights or conducting a training seminar
- Demonstrated understanding of P&L management and budget development.
- Passion for food, people and the willingness to explore, expand and learn. Also the willingness to share knowledge and inspire passion in others.
- Ability to travel and commute
- Commitment to achieving excellence.
- Superior organizational skills for follow-through and the ability to juggle and prioritize
- Strong work ethic, lead by example.
- Ability to adapt to the ever changing high volume retail while working in a cross-functional team environment
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Travel up to 80% of the time must possess valid active drivers license.
- Potential for prolonged standing, walking, squatting and/or bending on concrete floors.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness and ability to enter cold cases, coolers and freezers, thereby being subjected to cold temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Need to be able to remain calm during occasional moments of high stress when dealing with systems, vendors, customers and team members.
- Ability to work well with limited supervision and/or in a highly visible team environment.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.