Primary Location: United States-CA-CASanta Rosa
Function:Program Services Coordination/Case Management
Everybody needs a job but only extraordinary people work here! Our team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
As a Regional Trainer with California MENTOR, you’ll be one of those extraordinary people. We seek a skilled trainer who can successfully develop and present training materials to new and current staff. Bring your creative ideas and your passion for success; we’ll train you on the rest.
*This position requires weekly travel throughout the Bay Area to provide training including multi-day stays in San Jose, Fairfield, San Mateo, and Santa Rosa.
Do you have teaching or training experience and you’re looking for a meaningful change in your work life? Leverage your skills with California MENTOR to make an impact in people’s lives. Join our dedicated, dynamic and fast growing team today!
- Develops and maintains course curriculum; designs, creates and updates training aids, such as manuals, handouts, course exercises and visual aids.
- Consults with management and staff to identify specific skill/knowledge gaps, training objectives, work situations and changes in policies and procedures.
- Delivers instruction using multiple modalities including but not limited to: one-on-one, classroom, teleconferencing, web-based training, and computer-based training.
- Partners with management, internal training consultants and HR to identify additional training needs, as required for new and current staff.
- Evaluates training curriculum and elicits feedback; modifies programs as needed.
- Prepares and facilitates client-specific and clinical type training in addition to new hire orientation, CPR, First Aid administration and additional on-boarding activities.
- Provides input regarding the formulation and modification of policies and procedures pertaining to agency training.
- Maintains current service line specific knowledge as well as organizational and industrial trends; makes appropriate recommendations for new or updated training programs.
What we offer you:
- A competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual bonus plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Time Off & Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including paid CEU opportunities, career development and advancement opportunities
- Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 28,000 employees serving 25,000+ consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!
Qualifications: What we require of you:
- Bachelor’s degree and one year of training experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience working in Human Services field with client population highly desirable
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work; requires independent judgment
- Excellent customer service, communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of office equipment operations, basic data collection, standard office automation software; and purchasing procedures
- Proficient in use of the following software: Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check