Are you an experienced trainer with a passion for learning programs that positively impact the performance of behavioral health professionals? Would you like to contribute to staff’s professional growth by conducting a nationally-recognized crisis prevention/intervention training program? Do you enjoy traveling to and training in a variety of service settings? Then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Direct Care Training Resources team!
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is looking for an experienced trainer certified in Safe & Positive Approaches® who will provide training services for Devereux professionals and external organizations. This person will be competent in providing these services in educational, residential and treatment settings serving individuals with autism spectrum disorders, intellectual/developmental disabilities, and mental health/behavioral challenges.
Our ideal team member is an outstanding trainer and practitioner of Safe & Positive Approaches® who understand the tools and performance responsibilities needed for professionals to safely and effectively support the individuals they serve. He or she will have the ability to develop and expand his/her expertise, helping to build capacity to meet the needs of DCTR’s growing customer base.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework. This is integrated into the delivery of quality services for individuals, their families, and other stakeholders as well as the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health:
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in the areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults, and their families every year.
Devereux Direct Care Training Resources (DCTR), founded in 1991 and located in Villanova, PA, has developed and implemented competency-based, empirically-supported programs for staff learning and performance. These programs are provided for trainers, first-line personnel, and supervisory staff, in both basic and train-the-trainer formats. DCTR products and programs are utilized throughout Devereux’s national treatment network and in more than 130 other behavioral health, educational and human service organizations.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
Competitive salary and benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical (including medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off policies and a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.*
Click on the following link to see why we are a great place to work: http://benefits.devereux.org.
The Regional Training Specialist-Trainer will:
- Impact staff competencies and professional growth by planning for and conducting basic trainings in Safe & Positive Approaches® – Staff Effectiveness, Safety Techniques and Personal Emergency Interventions;
- Serve as an integral member of the DCTR team, contributing to a strong organizational culture of employee learning and development, helping to make a positive impact on the lives of the many children, adolescents and adults entrusted to the care of the organizations we serve;
- Develop partnerships with internal and external customers of DCTR;
- Have the opportunity to travel to a wide array of service-settings located throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware (and possibly other states), providing training and exchanging ideas and practices with treatment and education professionals;
- Participate in the team’s design and development of curricular materials and resources.
Keywords: Trainer, Training, Behavioral Health, Employee Learning, Safe and Positive Approaches, Crisis Prevention/Intervention, Restraint Training, Safety Training Program(s),
**It is the intent of Devereux to continue to offer these benefits; however, we reserve the right to change or stop them at any time, with or without notice.
To qualify, the Regional Training Specialist will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, human services, employee learning and development or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Two (2) or more years of experience, working in various treatment and educational program settings serving individuals with autism spectrum disorders, intellectual/ developmental disabilities and/or mental health/behavioral challenges. Three (3) or more years of experience is preferred; this may include working in a clinical and/or supervisory role.
- Three (3) or more years of demonstrated experience conducting staff training with a variety of audiences and settings. Must be a certified trainer in Safe & Positive Approaches® (Staff Effectiveness, Safety Techniques and Personal Emergency Interventions), or a certified trainer in a comparable nationally-recognized crisis prevention/emergency safety interventions curricula, with excellent physical skills, presentation skills, and curricular knowledge. Additional trainer certifications in other relevant curricula (e.g. New Directions, QPR, CPR/FA) are preferred.
- Experience applying adult learning principles and active learning methods; conducting structured practice with coaching and feedback; conducting knowledge and practical assessments of learner performance; and using evaluation tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and customer service skills.
- Technological proficiencies in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as commonly used data-basing and e-learning platforms.
- Understanding of and experience applying behavioral principles (ABA), systems of PBIS, and trauma informed care.
- Due to the specific physical demands of this position, the selected candidate will be required to complete a physical assessment exam with a selected Occupational Health physician familiar with the physical requirements of this position.