Regional Vice President – Eastern Canada
Location: 22 Adelaide Street West, 22nd Floor, Toronto, ON M5H 4E3 , Canada
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wholesale Banking provides financial solutions to businesses across the United States and globally. Our nine major business lines include Business Banking, Middle Market Banking, Government and Institutional Banking, Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Financial Institutions Group, Wells Fargo Commercial Capital, Wells Fargo Securities, and the Investment Portfolio. We also have groups in credit risk, group risk, finance, marketing, human relations, and the Wholesale Chief Operating Office that support our businesses.
The Eastern Canada RCBO Regional Vice President (RVP) is a key leadership position within the Eastern Division. Based in Toronto, the RVP will manage the Regional Commercial Banking Office headquartered in Toronto and the team members located in the Montreal office with accountability for the Eastern Canada provinces. This position is responsible for managing a group of relationship managers and Credit team members covering an existing portfolio of middle market relationships, maintaining credit quality and leading the sales efforts for the team. This individual will demonstrate leadership with customers, colleagues, partners, prospects, centers of influence and community. Thinks strategically and grows the business focusing on long-term relationships and driving revenue growth. Lives Wells Fargo vision and values and does work in a way that models desired behavior to others. Helps develop others.
Duties include working with senior management in promoting Wells Fargo’s brand in the market; developing annual business plans, and directing the group in execution of these plans; actively participating in the completion of major transactions; coordinating credit review and loan workout functions; managing commercial middle market relationship managers who manage credit based loan products, traditional banking services such as cash management and/or custodial/transfer agent services. Expected to coordinate and drive through partners the business of originating credit related products, treasury management products, investment banking/capital markets products.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.Required Qualifications
- 8+ years of account relationship management experience
- Underwriting experience involving advanced commercial or specialty group middle-market relationship portfolio credit
- Sales experience
- Commercial, business, or corporate banking sales experience
- Leadership experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of credit policy, compliance, and underwriting requirements
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of commercial or specialty group banking products, and the credit practices/operating risks associated with them
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Knowledge of the Eastern Canada market
- Experience providing both traditional and non-traditional financial products and services to customers
- Demonstrated experience in building CEO relationships and being C-Suite relevant
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple partner groups
- All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.