For the Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT) position we are looking for an individual who currently holds a RBT license and is available part time, with ideal availability being Monday-Saturday 3:00pm-7:00pm who is positive & energetic and has a passion for working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorders, developmental disability, and other special needs in the Long Beach area.
About the Registered Behavioral Technician Position:
At Trumpet Behavioral Health, our Registered Behavioral Technicians are the backbone of our success in providing superior care and service through the implementation of Applied Behavior Analysis. We’re seeking current and future therapists and technicians whose qualities match our core values of Clients First, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork and Fun!
Registered Behavioral Technician Job Overview:
In addition to providing direct care to our clients, our Registered Behavioral Technicians will be expected to perform:
- Implement individualized programs for children and young adults based on ABA principles that increase communication, self-help, social and play skills.
- Utilize positive reinforcement and antecedent modification to increase appropriate behaviors over time.
- Manage inappropriate behaviors that occur. Through the implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans (BIPs) and consultation with our Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBAs)
- Facilitate interactions with peers, coworkers, and families.
- Keep the children motivated to learn through preference assessments.
- Toilet training may be required.
Client Progress Communication:
- Accurately record information on the child's progress throughout the session.
- Be courteous & professional with families, organizations, and children
- Communicate confidentially and professionally with behavior analysts, teachers, and parents.
What you get by joining Team Trumpet:
- 40+ hours of paid training prior to working with clients
- Future growth opportunity into more senior roles within our company
- Earn Paid Time Off while working part-time
- Eligibility for professional development programs (e.g. Free Continued Education Units (CEUs)
- The opportunity to gain supervised independent field work hours for those in need practicum/internship hours.
- A chance to make a meaningful impact on the life of the children served and their families
- A High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license to travel to client homes and work at center
- You should be able to lift up to 25 lbs. routinely
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisors and clients
- Ability to pass a state and federal background check
- Negative TB Test (completed within the past 3 years)
- Proof Immunizations from the following of MMR, Varicella, Hep B (or declination of inoculation), and Pertussis (or declination of inoculation)
- Physical Exam
- RBT Certification
- An Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Education, Special Education or related field.
- You might have experience working with in pediatrics with children ages 3-22
- You might have experience working in a home or school setting with children and individuals with special needs
- You might have experience with Applied Behavior Analysis or Discrete Trial Training