Department:OH1MH_30030_002 Med/Surg MIMCU Mcw
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:Our professional nurses are truly the heart and soul of Mount Carmel. It is their resilience, humility and determination that drive positive patient outcomes. To support you, Mount Carmel provides continuous opportunities for personal balance, professional opportunity and clinical growth. Our culture of shared governance and collaboration creates an environment that puts the focus on what’s truly important – our patients and the communities we serve.
Job Description Details:
Our professional nurses are truly the heart and soul of Mount Carmel. It is their resilience, humility and determination that drive positive patient outcomes. To support you, Mount Carmel provides continuous opportunities for personal balance, professional opportunity and clinical growth. Our culture of shared governance and collaboration creates an environment that puts the focus on what’s truly important – our patients and the communities we serve.
The Admission Throughput Nurse in the Medical Intermediate Care Unit, and within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, is responsible for working in conjunction with medical physicians to manage medical admissions. In addition they will work with all disciplines to manage the flow of patient discharges.
- Collaborates with Pharmacy to complete medication reconciliation on all medical admissions.
- Monitors and Coordinates the assignment of admitted patients to the correct Medical Physicians and the process for completion of admission orders and workup.
- Assists Attending and Consulting Physicians as necessary.
- Identifies patients that are candidates for the Rapid Admission Process in collaboration with physicians.
- Facilitates all aspects of the Rapid Admission Process and coordinates communications between staff and departments.
- Works collaboratively with the Charge RN to identify admission needs, transfer needs, bed availability.
- Coordinates efforts with other member of the interdisciplinary team to control patient traffic and facilitate patient throughput.
- Monitors patient conditions to work collaboratively with Patient Placement Coordinator and ensure proper patient placement and expected clinical outcome.
- Gathers statistical data and is involved in process improvements as they relate to patient flow through the department.
- Monitors admitted patients in to ensure orders are being entered, completed, and checked off by the RN. Order Entry may be required if Unit Clerk is not readily available.
- Acts as a steward for good customer relationships in the department.
- Demonstrates emerging leadership behaviors through proactively negotiating solutions related to patient flow
- Graduate from school of nursing; BSN preferred
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a nurse. Previous Leadership or Admission Nurse experience preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize, and manage patient throughput.
- BLS/ ACLS Healthcare Provider training required.
- Must possess a high degree of motivation, initiative, and self-direction and attention to detail.
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.