Primary Location: United States-CA-CADiamond Bar
Bring your RN experience to our growing, mission-driven organization! Leverage your education, leadership and medical skill set with California MENTOR. We have rewarding RN opportunities serving adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other specialized needs. Join our exceptional team of dedicated professionals!
Description This position supports individuals we serve in residential settings. We seek a passionate individual who can provide clinical care to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. In this role you will utilize your skills to assess and ensure each individual’s health care needs are carried out with the support of CNAs and LVNs. Our RN positions enjoy high-impact with those we serve while providing flexibility with your schedule and location while having career options to move up and across the organization.
Responsibilities: Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of individuals in Group Homes
- Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services
- Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Conduct assessments, implement health care plans and respond to changes of condition
- Monitor and ensure physicians orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
- Provide technical assistance, medical oversight and training of LVNs and program staff to ensure the effective implementation of all related services
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Accompany individuals to medical visits in medical emergencies
Qualifications: What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Health, Dental, 401(k) and PTO for employees working 30 hours/week
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing (RN) program
- Two years of related experience
- Current RN license within the state
- Experience working with individuals with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities is preferred, but bring the right attitude, and we’ll train you for success
- Must pass background investigation that includes FBI/DOJ fingerprint check
- Excellent assessment skills with the ability to exercise critical thinking in the clinical environment. Ability to prioritize, strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families
- Position requires travel between programs to provide services and conduct visits to the individuals we serve.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!