Department:OH110_26000_000 Inpatient Surgery/OR Mcsa
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
Our professional nurses are truly the heart and soul of Mount Carmel. It is their resilience, humility and determination that drive positive patient outcomes. To support you, Mount Carmel provides continuous opportunities for personal balance, professional opportunity and clinical growth. Our culture of shared governance and collaboration creates an environment that puts the focus on what’s truly important – our patients and the communities we serve.
The Registered Nurse First Assistant, within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act, will provide care in an atmosphere sensitive to each person’s physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. Demonstrates the following skills: manual dexterity in appropriate use of surgical instrumentation, hemostasis, electrosurgery, bipolar cautery, sponging, clamping,collagens, bone wax, other, suturing skills, knot-tying, stapling, cutting, ligating, vessels, skin closure, sub-cuticular closure, securing wound drains.
- Collaborates with patient and family to develop and implement a plan of care that includes physical, spiritual and educational components
- Create a caring and healing environment that keeps the patient and family at the center of care
Stay current with all quality and safety indicators for the perioperative department.
- Work with state-of-the-art technology
- Experience interdisciplinary relationships & collaboration
- Have autonomy for decisions affecting professional practice
- Promote evidence-based practice and quality initiatives and exhibits professionalism in nursing practice within the model of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®
- Graduate from school of nursing; Bachelor of Nursing required
Minimum 2 years of diversified OR experience
Current CNOR certification
Completion of an RNFA course and internship that meets the criteria established by AORN for RN first assistant programs.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize and manage patient care, including delegation to and supervision of other members of the patient care team
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day . Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.