Department:OH1CS_40800_000 Hospice Program
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our professional nurses are truly the heart and soul of Mount Carmel. It is their resilience, humility and determination that drive positive patient outcomes. To support you, Mount Carmel provides continuous opportunities for personal balance, professional opportunity and clinical growth. Our culture of shared governance and collaboration creates an environment that puts the focus on what’s truly important – our patients and the communities we serve. With Hospice & Palliative Care Patients receive relief from pain and discomfort, as well as the emotional and spiritual support of experienced, empathetic professionals.
Our Staff RN works within the scope of Ohio Nurse Practice Act, will provide care in an atmosphere sensative to each person's physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs. The Registered Nurse, collaborates in the spirit of teamwork is accountable for the delivery of patient care utilizing the nursing process within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Organization.
- Assesses and evaluates patient care for an assigned group of patients, utilizing evidence based practice. Collaborates with patient and family to develop and implement a plan of care that includes physical, spiritual and educational components.
- Accurately communicates pertinent information to appropriate team members in a timely manner. Keeps patient/family apprised/updated
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for care provided and documented by other licensed and unlicensed care givers as appropriate.
- Education: Associates degree from an accredited RN program
- Current Ohio Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Ohio, Must have a valid Driver's License
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in Hospice or Homecare
- Criminal Fingerprinting as required by Ohio law
- BLS Healthcare provider training required
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.