Primary Location: MA-MAMalden-263 Commercial St
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support the seniors and adults we serve.
As a Registered Nurse with Adult Day Health, you’ll be one of those special people. Adult Day Health offers a continuum of services and supports for elders, including those with complex medical or rehabilitative needs. Our services help those we serve feel their best and be as active as they would like to be. Our caring staff works with each participant to create an individualized Plan of Care that fits their needs and interests. For one adult, this may mean help managing an illness such as diabetes. For another, it may mean social activities; help with medications and meals tailored to their special dietary needs. Depending on each person’s unique needs, the care plan may include services such as nursing care, social activities, healthy, delicious meals, and transportation to and from their local center.
Adult Day Health is seeking a dynamic and passionate person to serve as Registered Nurse and provide nursing services, training, and support to address the medical, behavioral, and psychiatric needs of individuals.
Specific tasks include:
- Conducting a complete assessment of each individual referred to the program
- Participating in the development and implementation of care plans and supervises, in conjunction with the physicians, the medical components of the plan. Reviews documents and revises all nursing/nursing related care plans on a regular basis
- Ensuring that current and complete medical records and reports are in accordance with regulatory and corporate standards, including medication administration records and physician’s orders
- Developing training flow charts specific to each individual receiving services, provides and documents medical skills training to clients, mentors, respite providers, staff, and where appropriate, the biological family
- Participating as a member of the case management team or Plan of Care (POC) team member, evaluates the medical needs of each individual for initial POC, ensures the goals and objectives are medically indicated, and generates ongoing health care protocols for the specific medical conditions outlined in the POC and revises as necessary
- Overseeing the management of high-risk medical conditions and all care providers to ensure continuity of care
- Maintaining contact with primary care physicians and specialists, and, when indicated, attends doctor visits with individual receiving services. Promotes health and wellness for individuals and ensures nursing actions and steps are put in place for prevention
- Administering medications according to established guidelines. Provides documentation for all medications given and reviews medication administration records for compliance
- May actively participate in IDT meetings, Quality Improvement meetings, Administration meetings, and others as designated by leadership
- Providing consultation and technical assistance to staff and other caregivers regarding all care issues. May be required to coordinate, organize medical needs home care services
- Will actively participate in quality improvement and educational programs
- Will assist in training support staff in daily functions within their roles
What we offer you:
- A chance to make a difference in peoples’ lives on a daily basis
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Competitive pay rates and paid time off
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, employee events
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
What we require of you:
- Current RN License
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Two yeas experience working with similar clientele
- Current CPR/First Aid and AED certification
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Adult Day Health is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 26,000 consumers in 35 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!