Department:OH1MH_70022_001 Surgery Prep Center/Pat Mce
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
Job Description Details:
Our professional nurses are truly the heart and soul of Mount Carmel. It is their resilience, humility and determination that drive positive patient outcomes. To support you, Mount Carmel provides continuous opportunities for personal balance, professional opportunity and clinical growth. Our culture of shared governance and collaboration creates an environment that puts the focus on what’s truly important – our patients and the communities we serve.
The Registered Nurse will provide care in an atmosphere sensitive to each person's physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs within the scope of the Ohio Nurse Practice Act. The Registered Nurse functioning in the spirit of teamwork, is accountable for the delivery of patient care utilizing the Nursing Process within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the Organization.
- Assesses and evaluates patient care for an assigned group of patients, utilizing evidence based practice. Collaborates with patient and family to develop and implement a plan of care that includes physical, spiritual and educational components.
- Provides clinical telephone triage/communication as defined by protocol or provider instructions.
- Documents accurately and completely pertinent assessments, interventions and outcomes for patients in accordance with documentation standards, policies, procedures and/or guidelines.
- Assists provider with patient assessment, examinations and treatments.
- Thoroughly educates and explains procedures to patients and family members (diagnosis, disease process etc.).
- Performs basic medical procedures under the supervision of a provider, including set up of procedures.
- Administers medications under the direction of the provider, according to the organization’s standards, policies, procedures, and/or guidelines.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- In good standing with a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- One year experience in a medical office preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to plan, organize and manage patient care, including delegation to and supervision of other members of the patient care team
- Demonstrates skills and abilities in clinical and administrative areas
- Ability to work with limited supervision and to make decisions based on established policies and procedures
- Basic computer skills required. Previous experience with EMR preferred
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll work alongside talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.