Department:OH110_13400_000 Cardiac Rehabilitation Mcsa
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
The Registered Nurse (RN), Cardiac Rehab provides direct care and testing for cardiac rehabilitation; designs, implements and markets fitness programs; and assists with administration of direct care to rehabilitation clients. Provides in patient education and referrals to the cardiac population. Functions within the standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of the organization.
- Provides direct care to cardiac rehabilitation patients by performing cardiovascular stress testing, monitoring and interpretation of client's response to exercise, and modifying exercise program appropriately. Administers direct care to rehabilitation clients as directed by supervisor in accordance with a physician prescription.
- Maintains, evaluates and recommends equipment and physical facility including scheduling
- Maintains client records including, but not limited to, the results of cardiac, exercise, and testing and client treatment and progress
- Designs, implements, and monitors exercise and fitness programs for healthy and compromised populations and performs cardiovascular stress testing, and other testing necessary to determine physical condition and reports test results to physicians when indicated
- Develops and teaches educational programs and materials for clients
- Utilizes the Nursing process concept in assessing, identifying needs and developing a plan of care for each outpatient client
- Maintains CPR certifications
- Evaluates the effectiveness of client's present exercise programs and modifies programs as appropriate
- Markets health and wellness programs to community, physicians, and other health professionals including, but not limited to, speaking at staff in-services and community events.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment needed to provide direct care and testing.
- Evaluates patient data for potential research projects
- Assists with general office procedures such as answering phones, registering new patients, and handling patient complaints
- Provides orientations to patients beginning cardiac rehabilitation
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: Graduate from school of nursing. Prefer B.S.N. approved by N.L.N. for public health
- Licensure / Certification: Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio; ACLS required
- Experience: Actively involved in nursing practice during the past four years; preferably experience in medical/surgical and critical care assessment
- Demonstrated ability to assess problematic situations and initiate appropriate plan of action in an environment that has limited support systems
- Available for flexible work hours when required
- Must maintain a competency in physical assessment skills
- Ability to teach classes on exercise, diet, stress management, stretching, anatomy and physiology, and relaxation in the outpatient setting.
- Ability to educate in patients concerning anatomy and physiology, risk factors, emergency procedures, and provide referral to outpatient setting.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.