Registered Nurse (RN)
Primary Location: CA-CAFair Oaks-4701 Meadowood Way
Bring your RN experience to our growing, mission-driven organization! We have rewarding RN opportunities serving adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other specialized needs. Join our exceptional team of dedicated professionals!
Provides nursing services, training, and support to address the medical needs of individuals with developmental disabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Conducts the medical assessment of each individual referred to the program and collaborates with the Intake Coordinator to determine appropriateness for placement in the community.
- Participates in the development and implementation of service plans and supervises, in conjunction with the physicians, the medical components of the plan.
- Reviews documents and revises all nursing/nursing related care plans on a regular basis.
- Ensures that current and complete medical records and reports are in accordance with regulatory and corporate standards, including medication administration records and physician’s orders.
- Develops training flow charts specific to each individual receiving services, provides and documents medical skills training to clients, mentors, respite providers, staff, and where appropriate, the biological family.
- Presents medical skills components at Pre-service Orientation.
- Participates as an Individual Health Plan (IHP) or Plan of Care (POC) team member, evaluates the medical needs of each individual for initial IHP/POC, ensures IHP/POC goals and objectives are medically indicated, and generates ongoing health care protocols for the specific medical conditions outlined in the IHP/POC.
- Oversees the management of high-risk medical conditions and private duty nursing services.
- Maintains contact with primary care physicians and specialists, and, when indicated, attends doctor visits with mentor and/or individual receiving services. Promotes health and wellness for individuals and ensures nursing actions and steps are put in place for prevention.
- Administers medications according to established guidelines. Provides documentation for all medications given and reviews medication administration records for compliance.
- May actively participate in IDT meetings, Human Rights Committee, Health and Safety Committee and Administration meetings.
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to staff and mentors regarding home care issues along with operation of durable medical equipment. May be required to coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as light housekeeping and meal preparation; transport individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments. Participate in on call system as needed.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities
required to perform the job.
Education and Experience:
Graduate of an accredited RN program and one year experience working with medically
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Current state RN License
Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if providing transportation to
individuals receiving services.
Current CPR/First Aid certification.
Blood Borne Pathogen Category:
Job requires performance of duties that involve potential for exposure to blood, body
fluids, or tissues. Tasks that do involve exposure are an expectation of employment.
Work in a beautiful community based 5 bed facility located in Fair Oaks, CA. The facility is state of the art with overhead lift systems in the bedrooms and bathrooms, backup generator and all the medical equipment you need to provide excellent care to the 5 individuals who call this facility home!
AMERICAN WITH DISABILITY STATEMENT
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodations to be determined on a case by case basis.