Registered Nurse (RN)
Primary Location: NV-NVLas Vegas-3391 N Buffalo Dr
As a Registered Nurse (RN) with CareMeridian you’ll be one of those special people.
For CareMeridian and The MENTOR Network the RN is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
To that end, the RN role is a fantastic role to continue your career path in Social and Human Services with a myriad of career options to move up and across the organization.
CareMeridian is seeking a RN to provide nursing services, training and support to address the medical psychiatric needs of individuals with developmental disabilities, substance abuse issues and/or emotional or behavioral challenges.
The primary role of the Registered Nurse is to provide nursing care, within their scope of practice; to our pediatric residents in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care, regulatory guidelines, Caremeridian’s Policies and Procedures and under the general supervision of the Director of Nursing. Emphasis is placed on CareMeridian’s mission and values
Description This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path within Specialty Rehabilitation and Human Services, and work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges with high staff-to-patient ratios. Our RN positions enjoy high-impact with those we serve while providing flexibility with your schedule and location while having career options to move up and across the organization. Responsibilities: Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of the individuals we serve
- Monitor the health conditions of individuals served, ensure quality services provided
- Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services
- Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Conduct assessments, implement health care plans and respond to changes of condition
- Ensure physicians’ orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers.
- Provide technical assistance, medical oversight and training of program staff to ensure the effective implementation of all related services
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Service Plan (ISP)
- Accompany individuals to medical visits in medical emergencies
- Actively attend and participate in team meetings as required
- Maintain confidentiality and treat others with dignity and respect in all you do
What we ask of you:
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing (RN) program
- Two years of related experience working a nursing capacity, ideally with medically complex patients
- Current RN license in good standing within the state of residence.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS), CPR, First Aid certifications; HIV/AIDS, BBP and ACT training
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, residents, and families
- Excellent assessment skills with the ability to exercise critical thinking in the clinical environment. Ability to prioritize, strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families.
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive pay rates; paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Career development and advancement opportunities with low patient-to-staff ratios
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress
- On-the-job training including career development, advancement and paid CEU opportunities
- Access to opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
- We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today! EOE/AAE