Registered Nurse (RN)
Primary Location: MI-MITraverse City-3205 Supply Rd
RN Traverse City, MI. NeuroRestorative Michigan
Looking to use your Nursing skills with a better schedule for work/life balance? With lower patient-to-nursing ratios, you will see your impact on a daily basis. Come join our growing, amazing team of Registered Nurses supporting individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses.
Make a difference every day as a patient advocate providing prescribed nursing services, training and supports to address the medical and psychiatric needs of individuals with Acquired Brain Injury and other catastrophic injuries. We provide a balance of service and support – combining personal choice, flexibility and community integration with professional oversight, family involvement and stability.
This is a fantastic role to continue your nursing career path within Specialty Rehabilitation and Human Services, and high impact work within a setting that offers variety and rewarding challenges .
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of the individuals we serve in two group homes and residential settings.
- Monitor the health conditions of individuals served, ensure quality services provided
- Provide prescribed medical treatment and personal care services
- Administer medications and provide documentation according to established guidelines
- Conduct assessments, implement health care plans; respond to changes of condition
- Ensure physicians’ orders are documented and carried out as prescribed
- Serve as liaison and advocate with other medical and professional service providers.
- Provide technical assistance, medical oversight and training of program staff to ensure the effective implementation of all related services
- Provide input regarding health care services to be included in each Individual Care Plan (ICP)
- Occasionally accompany residents to medical visits in medical emergencies
- Actively attend and participate in team meetings as required
- Maintain confidentiality and treat others with dignity and respect in all you do
What we ask of you:
- Compassion is a must
- Graduate of an accredited Registered Nursing (RN) program
- One year of related experience working in a nursing capacity, ideally with medically complex patients
- Current RN license in good standing within the state of residence.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS), CPR
- Effective communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families.
What we offer you:
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive pay rates; paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Career development and advancement opportunities with low patient-to-staff ratios
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
- Access to opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues.
NeuroRestorative Michigan is a partner of The MENTOR Network. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you’ll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
Join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!