Department:OH1MH_11001_001 Mce MOB 5 Rehab Services
Expected Weekly Hours:0
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we work to continuously inspire one another. Here, all are welcome. It is this culture of humility and compassion that sets Mount Carmel apart. We see the big picture and do the right thing. That means a dedication to the well-being our both our colleagues and the patients they serve.
Job Description Details:
The Registration and Scheduling Coordinator coordinates patient registration, scheduling and business office functions. Ensures the collection of accurate and complete demographic, clinical and insurance information in the process of scheduling patients for outpatient rehab services. In addition, performs registration activities including real-time eligibility verification. Informs patients of co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance amounts and collects payments from patient. Provides instruction to the patient on visit preparation, prints and mails patient itineraries and required forms for completion if lead time allows. Obtains and processes signed physician orders to ensure complete and accurate clinical documentation for care delivery.
- Performs activities that relate to patient scheduling, registration, real-time eligibility verification, medical order processing and dissemination of patient information.
- Determines proper scheduling requirements and/or limitations to requested service and
- scheduling resources (equipment, staff, room, etc.) in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction, maintain patient flow and appropriate utilization of the service area. Coordinates add-on and same-day appointments with the department as required. Ensures accurate treatment sequencing with minimal delays while maximizing therapist productivity.
- Provides patient, family and physician office education during scheduling process to inform them of preparations needed for treatment and any additional diagnostic testing (MBS for some Speech Therapy services) and proper scheduling instructions. Communicates with therapists to ensure an accurate schedule and that all patient charts are properly distributed.
- Obtains signed physician orders for all services from physicians/offices or advises patient they must present a physician's order on the date of service.
- Maintains an accuracy rating which meets standards set by MCHS registration department.
- Responsible for registering the patient for services. Validates, obtains and enters demographic, clinical and insurance information into the patient accounting system. Utilizes multiple modes of communication (phone, fax, patient portal/e-mail, mail, etc.) in a professional, accurate and courteous manner to obtain information and ensure good patient relations.
- Assists patient with information regarding HCAP; provides application and contact information for billing and payment arrangements.
- Coordinates Plan of Care, certification and other required information with physicians and payors.
- Processes medical record requests timely, accurately and according to HIM and HIPPA guidelines
- All other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school graduate or GED is required. Associate's Degree or equivalent demonstrated work experience in lieu of degree preferred.
- Experience: Two or more years' experience in physician's office, clinic, hospital business office, financial service setting or related area with customer service and collection of data and funds preferred.
- Demonstrates understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and other third party information requirements and adheres to third party regulations.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of third-party payor benefits and requirements and regulations impacting registration procedures.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology and basic knowledge of ICD 9 and CPT codes.
- Excellent communication skills are necessary in dealing with peers, internal and external customers.
- Ability to accurately complete data entry. Accuracy and attention to detail and time management skills are required.
- Able to work a variety of hours Monday through Friday, 7am to 6:30pm
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.