Department:OH1FC_70013_000 Patient Registration
Expected Weekly Hours:16
Position Purpose:An affiliation of Mount Carmel and Fairfield Medical Center, Diley Ridge Medical Center is a state-of-the-art medical complex that includes emergency, inpatient and diagnostic services as well as an attached medical office building. Located in Canal Winchester, the center serves patients throughout northern Fairfield County, including the communities of Pickerington, Groveport, Canal Winchester, Carroll, Baltimore and Violet Township.
At Diley Ridge Medical Center, we’re proud to be a part of the lives of the people in our community. That's why we're looking for Registration Representatives who have a strong spirit of community, sense of teamwork and constant focus on excellence.
Job Description Details:
Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Two 8 hour shifts 5pm - 1:30am
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience: Prefer minimum of three years experience in a physician’s office, clinic, hospital business office or related area dealing with the public in collection of data and funds.
- Able to perform data entry.
- Demonstrates understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and other third party information requirements and adheres to all third party regulations.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of third-party payer benefits and requirements and regulations impacting registration procedures.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding and payer reimbursement methodologies.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to diffuse & handle difficult situations.
- Demonstrates good judgment in dealing with patients, physicians & clinical staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively and assertively communicate and negotiate financial obligations, and resolve patient inquiries.
- Demonstrates resilience, a positive attitude and the ability to work well in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of medical terminology and of diagnostic testing & procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Job Related Skills: Good communication, human relationship, & team orientation skills when dealing with co-workers, patients, families, physicians, and general public.
- Patient Financial Services Supervisor
- N / A
- Service Excellence: (1) Exhibits the Service Excellence Behavior Standards, role modeling excellence for all to see. For example: demonstrates friendliness and courtesy, effective communication creates a professional environment and provides first class service. (2) Acts as a liaison with customers, (3) Promptly answers telephone, acknowledges, greets and assists any customer entering the facility, (4) Strives to meet or exceed the expectations of patients, visitors and other staff members, in the spirit of quality & excellence, (5) Provides for periodic rounding on patients & families, providing updates and initiating service recover on identified issues.
- Registration & Positive Patient Identifications: (1) Collects & validates accurate & complete patient information, entering information into registration system, completing necessary forms, (2) Verifies & scans photo identification, (3) Scans all patient identity information (i.e. insurance card, consent form, co-pay receipt, FROI etc, (4) Assembles and distributes patient charts to appropriate areas, as needed.
- Patient Financial Obligations: (1) Ensures collection of patient deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance and deposits prior to scheduled service, secures payments, (2) Collects payments and facilitates resolution of billing questions, (3) Reviews all past accounts for balances due and discusses payment options with patients, (4) Establishes payment arrangement, as needed, (5) Discusses financial assistance options with patients, (6) Updates billing address, phone number for insurance carrier, as part of the registration process.
- Communication: (1) Positively & professionally communicates with other hospital departments, to obtain, provide or revise patient information, (2) Presents and explains hospital pre-payment policies & procedures to customers in a factual & positive manner, (3) Keeps patient & families appraised and updated. (4) Provides information to Physician offices, as necessary, (5) Communicates with all staff members in an accurate and timely manner, (6) Assists the clinical staff with answering incoming & placement of outgoing phone calls, utilizing scripted messages.
- Compliance: (1) Understands the relationship between diagnosis and procedure, using CPT and ICD-10 coding to ensure compliance with third party regulations. (2) Understands Medicare, Medicaid and other third party information requirements and adheres to all regulations. (3) Abides by all pertinent legislations regarding use / disclosure of medical and financial information, debt collection and credit reporting, (4) Responsible for ensuring that all medical necessity regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Documentation & Reporting: (1) Provides accurate and complete documentation in accordance with standards, policies, procedures and guidelines, (2) Enters all free-form and standard notes to account in Healthquest.
- Safe Practice: (1) Practices positive patient identification, (2) Completes assigned responsibilities according to policies, procedures, & organizational guidelines, (3) Initiates appropriate emergency procedures, (4) Maintains a safe work environment, (5) Provides for a safe environment for patients.
- Computer Skills: (1) Utilizes computer systems, appropriate to position effectively, (2) Verifies appropriate patient information utilizing appropriate software products, (i.e.) Address, Social Security Number, Insurance Information, etc (3) Appropriate use of the internet and intranet.
- Initiative: (1) Assumes responsibility to facilitate improvements in patients care, staff & physician relationships and the working climate (2) Utilizes appropriate problem solving techniques during interactions with all internal & external customers (3) Assumes responsibility for completing own education, attends in-services and departmental meetings (4) Assists in orientation of new staff, and participates in student instruction and experiences when requested (5) Accepts responsibility for being pro-active in cost effective utilization of supplies and resources (6) Assists in maintenance of departmental compliance with continuous regulatory readiness.
Other Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- Participates in and coordinates with organizational process to collect and evaluate information about hazards and safety practices that are used to identify safety management issues. Adheres to established policies and procedures, which may include wearing of personal protective equipment.
- Participates in and fosters a performance improvement approach that includes both intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
- Exhibits a customer service and community focus.
- Fosters a climate that will assist Diley Ridge Medical Center to fulfill its mission.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.