Bring us your experience, your head for strategy, your strength with relationships and your eye for opportunity. In return we offer an unmatched place to grow and develop your career among a richly diverse group of businesses driven by the power and stability of a leading health care organization. Come help us heal and strengthen the health care system as you do your life's best work.(sm)
The Regulatory Affairs Analyst will research and draft policy/certificate forms to reflect company product specifications, review state and federal statutes and regulatory changes, represent the company’s interests in interactions with state and federal regulatory agency staff, manage resulting forms compliance updates, and coordinate forms implementation actions. The position requires extensive reading and favors the candidate with demonstrated skills in written advocacy. Substantial interaction with company legal and business management to collaborate on achieving overall business goals will be essential.
· Reviewing, analyzing and documenting insurance statutes, regulations and state/federal regulatory requirements to ensure forms compliance
· Maintain and update department/corporate tracking data
· Drafting/writing policy/certificate forms and working with internal areas to prepare/approve to file
· Editing and formatting new and current policy/certificate forms/documentation
· Ensuring the policy/certificate forms/documentation are correct and they comply with each state’s regulatory requirements
· Submitting and guiding the completed policy/certificate forms/documentation to the State Departments of Insurance and federal regulators for regulatory filing resolution and/or approval
· Drafting/writing correspondence/engaging in verbal communications explaining forms issues and filings to state and federal regulators advocating for regulatory compliance resolutions/determinations
· Interacting with all internal areas (Marketing, Claims, Actuarial, Legal, New Business, Underwriting, and others) to ensure policy/certificate forms are able to be supported internally and reflect marketing initiatives
· Work with internal policy print/publishing departments for forms issuance
· Review forms/advertising for implementation of new products
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· 2+ years of experience working with insurance contracts, policies and/or certificates
· Advanced experience performing online research; specifically around state statutes and regulations
· Intermediate level of experience working with Microsoft Word
· Ability to multitask efficiently and assume full responsibility for work assigned
· Experience in the health insurance/health maintenance organizations industry or a background working with a State Insurance Department
· Electronic filing experience with the states (SERFF)
· Experience in a health care regulatory environment; managed care, and/or compliance expertise
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 14 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: compliance, regulatory, legal, regulations, healthcare, health, insurance, audits, marketing, Indianapolis, Indiana, IN