Rehabilitation Nurse Educator RN
Primary Location: CA-CAIrvine-163 Technology Dr
Traveling between multiple locations to perform the duties and responsibilities of the role as a staff developer as needed, the Staff Developer is accessible to staff at all locations during working hours. Depending on the program, may be required to be accessible after hours for consolation.
The Staff Development Liaison will create a framework of educational services that promote the growth and development of its licensed and unlicensed staff throughout the company.
The competence and strength of the staff delivering care directly impacts the quality of care for residents. Opportunities for professional growth enhance staff satisfaction thus impacting recruitment and retention activities
Full time position with varying hours including early morning and nights if needed.
Must be able to travel to multiple states.
RN license in CA
RN Experience (3 years+)
Provide clinical care to address the medical needs of residents in multi state locations and provide education and training to the employees under the supervision of the clinical program.
Coordinates and provide educational programs for licensed nurses, C.N.As and ancillary staff.
Plans and develops appropriate educational activities to enhance staff competency.
Provides orientation and/or training in regards to clinical procedures as needed.
Performs clinical competency evaluations as needed for nursing staff.
Provides annual calendar of educational activities as approved by Clinical Programs leadership.
Coordinates and maintains all documentation required for the Nursing Assistant Certification (NAC) Program.
Insures staff education meets all regulatory body requirements.
Participates in Performance Improvement Program.
Assist Business Development and the DONs/Administrators in offering Continuing Education to the community.
Other duties may be assigned by Clinical Programs leadership.
What we offer you:
- A rewarding work environment with meaningful relationships with your co-workers and those we serve
- Dynamic work environment
- Career development, advancement
- Career opportunities throughout our nationwide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
- Graduate of an accredited RN program
- One to three year experience working with medically complex individuals
- Current state RN License
- Current driver's license, car registration and auto insurance if driving on the behalf of the Company
- Current CPR/First Aid certification
- Job requires performance of duties that involve potential for exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues. Tasks that do involve exposure are an expectation of employment.
- Experience working with individuals with catastrophically ill or injured is preferred, but bring the right attitude, and we’ll train you for success
- Excellent assessment skills with the ability to exercise critical thinking in the clinical environment.
- Ability to prioritize, strong organizational skills and manage a heavy workload that's fast paced
- Effective communication skills a must – ability to communicate clearly with all team members, medical professionals, those we serve, and their families
- Position requires travel in assigned region to provide services and conduct visits to our individuals, approximately 25 to 30% of the job
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!